Eurofurence Community > Artists Forum

Some art sale question ^^

<< < (2/2)

Kotenokgaff:

--- Quote ---but if you really decide to do this, you should really limit it, so only giving away one sketch per person or something like this.
--- End quote ---
oh wow that nice to hear that people would take them!
well i guess i can give for 3 or more pictures in one hands )) will see how people would reacting on it ^^

thank you guys a lot for helping me!!

And Cairyn - I'm not sure that i get the difference in Art Show and Dealers Den
are they going in the same time so i shoud choose one?

As i understand i can't offer a  folder with my works on Art show? only on dealers den right?

Also i've read that there is something when you put you work somewhere and then people put bids on it
like auction
is it the art show?
oh my this all sounds so hard XD especially i'n afraid that i wouldn't understand something there cause of my not very good english

and i don't have unlimited prints - only one by any picture
that's all

I also thought about folders - you know - to make like 3 or 4 of it with different prices - like Free, 1-3 euro, 5-10 and one for my best works for 20-30

or how people organise their works? put them all in one folder and make a prise on every page?

RealZero:

--- Quote from: Kotenokgaff on 19.12.2008, 18:40:20 ---And Cairyn - I'm not sure that i get the difference in Art Show and Dealers Den

As i understand i can't offer a  folder with my works on Art show? only on dealers den right?

Also i've read that there is something when you put you work somewhere and then people put bids on it
like auction
is it the art show?

--- End quote ---

Yes, that exactly is :D
And if the maximum number of bids is reached, I don't know I guess it was 8 or so, it will be auctioneered at the art auction event later.

--- Quote from: Kotenokgaff on 19.12.2008, 18:40:20 ---oh my this all sounds so hard XD especially i'n afraid that i wouldn't understand something there cause of my not very good english

--- End quote ---

Aww, don't be afraid, I bet it will work out well. If you have any problems and questions you got all those people here to help you, including me^^ So, no fear, if you feel unsure about anything, just feel free to ask *smiles* And your English is good enough up to now, so don't worry.

--- Quote from: Kotenokgaff on 19.12.2008, 18:40:20 ---I also thought about folders - you know - to make like 3 or 4 of it with different prices - like Free, 1-3 euro, 5-10 and one for my best works for 20-30

or how people organise their works? put them all in one folder and make a prise on every page?

--- End quote ---

What you said could be one way to do it. So, having separate folders for separate prices or different kinds of artwork. If you don't have that much art and thing that many folders would be exagerated or somehow unnecessary you could also put stickers on the folder pages (not on the art itself, of course^^) and have some "price list", stating what sticker colour means what price. Or you could just write the price on each piece of art directly, which would be more preparation work, though.
The easiest way for price marking is, of course, having general prices, so, one price for any sketch, one for any full colour and so on.
Like I said in the beginning, if you have enough art you can use several folders of course, I think there is no "right or wrong" on this, just try to stick what I said earlier and try to always have the folders open with the most impressive art visible to potential buyers.

Greetings,
RealZero

Kotenokgaff:
thank you very much for spending so much time amswering me on my silly questions ^^
i really appreciate it and you answered so good that i have no questions by now XD

but if i will i will sure write them

and of course if everything (hopesohope) will be ok and i will really will be on eurofurrence (omg it'a even sounds weird cause i have never been even on russian furrence which located just near the Moscow where I appear XD )

Cairyn:

--- Quote from: Kotenokgaff on 19.12.2008, 18:40:20 ---And Cairyn - I'm not sure that i get the difference in Art Show and Dealers Den

like auction
is it the art show?

and i don't have unlimited prints - only one by any picture
that's all

I also thought about folders - you know - to make like 3 or 4 of it with different prices - like Free, 1-3 euro, 5-10 and one for my best works for 20-30

--- End quote ---

The Art Show is an exhibition. You hang the artwork on panels, and fetch them after the show - you do not need to be present all the time. Yes, people can bid on that artwork, and the auction is performed after the show for exhibits with a certain number of bids. In the Art show, you hang (mostly) originals.

The Dealers' Den is a sales room where you have to be present to perform the sales. How you organize your table is up to you. Some artists have folders organized by prices, some by black and white or color pieces, some prefer to order their folders by year. This is something you need to decide for yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version