Eurofurence Information > Questions & Answers

Another maximum room-occupancy question

(1/2) > >>

ECMajor:
Ok, so i read the other posts about rooms, and i'm still unsure about how this works.

I understand most of the rooms are double rooms, which means they are designed for two people, with one bed. And extra beds are available, but very limited.

That's fine... what i'm wondering is, can we still have three or four people in a room? Is there some kind of fire code against this for some reason?
I am perfectly fine sleeping on the floor, and being that i regularly attend American cons, i'm quite used to it. (We usually have 4 or 5 people per room)

It would be quite sad if rooms were limited to two people... where's the fun in that?
Anyhow, i would like to know if it is okay to sleep on the floor and thus be a third or fourth person in a room or if sleeping without a bed is forbidden.

Still as mindboggled as ever by European convention practices,
-ecmajor

RealZero:
I don't know the new hotel's rules and all, but in another thread, Cheetah said:

--- Quote ---If the hotel sees three people on the list for a double room, they will assume you want a third bed.
--- End quote ---
(http://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,2149.msg19329.html#msg19329)

From THAT statement I guess you cannot sleep on anything else besides the beds provided.
But that is also as much as I know BY NOW from what was officially said so far, maybe we'll know more later and maybe there will be other arrangements with the hotel once the convention draws nearer, we'll see.

Greetings,
RealZero

Wawik:

--- Quote from: ECMajor on 06.02.2010, 14:54:45 ---Ok, so i read the other posts about rooms, and i'm still unsure about how this works.

--- End quote ---

I'll answer your hidden question.

NO, it won't get any cheaper for you if you overstuff your room.  ;D

Whitefang:
I would suggest having an eye on the thread RealZero mentioned.

And regarding the 'hidden question' - no, it's not what I'm after. I just want to be together with my friends as that way it's more fun, just like ECMajor said.

Cheetah:
It won't be available as a regular option. However, if you contact us after registering, we'll see what we can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version