Off Topic > Everything Else

Mosquito problem?

(1/7) > >>

Riffuchs:
I can't resist to ask this - even if I make an idiot out of myself...

Did anyone actually suffer from mosquito problems in the hotel? I wonder myself because I got bitten around a dozen times. Mostly in the small conference rooms the staff occupied. But also 4 times in the lobby on Sunday and twice in the stage area on Monday. And I got photos of those little beasts.

Vixus:
Yes, I did notice a bunch of those pesky little Mini-vuvuzela's whizzing about places and also in the bedrooms. If you want to prevent being bitten by those things I'd recommend citronella oil, not only is it effective against mosquito's, it also smells rather good and with the right mixture, you can make quite the interesting exotic mosquito-preventing perfume from it.

ysegrim:
They seemed to be very picky ... I did not have any specific problems (until I hiked to the park between Elbe and Altelbe, that is), but I know of a few people who got their share of bites within the first couple of hours.

Cairyn:

--- Quote from: Riffuchs on 08.09.2010, 04:05:11 ---Did anyone actually suffer from mosquito problems in the hotel?

--- End quote ---

I got bitten somewhere, with a nasty amount of swelling too... don't know the rooms (I think it happened at night in my room) but it must have been inside the hotel, yes. Hadn't expected downtown to be mosquito paradise...

Weed:
I believe I got bitten once, and was able to kill two of them. I hate mosquitos. I really, really, really hate them. Next time I'll be ready with an Anti-Aircraft Machine Gun mounted to the lobby.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version