Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Streifen premiere aftermath

<< < (5/10) > >>

kyo:
@everyone: I just realized that most emails I recieved from "unknown" poeple just went into my spam-directory and some of them seemed to be deleted already. So, if anyone here send me an email concerning "Streifen" and did not get a reply yet just send -your mail one more time. Ill see to open the spam folder on a regular base by now and get them answered more quickly.

@loco: That's certainly a brilliant idea (for me). However I won't be there 2011 or even 2011. EF was financially quite exhausting and I am afraid I just can not afford attending there on a regular base and without a "Purpose" (well, i.E. like showing a movie)

@amaru. That's perfectly understandable. I was already broke in the very minute I arrived at the con. And without selling a handfull of DVDs I could not even afford hanging around in the bar. Just imagine: McDo-Cheesburgers have been my only diet from wednesday (arrival) and friday evening =)
So, don't bother too much with a DVD. I don't think I will produce new ones (Too much effort for a very little demand). Anyway, you will be able to see it on vimeo within a couple of weeks tough.

kind regards
 kyo

Cheetah:
Don't underestimate the power of DVDs ... you'll deeply regret if your only copy is an ephemeral data stream on some commercial video site who will delete your movie on a whim, and that you can ONLY watch online.

From my experience with publishing videos: If people ask for DVDs ... sell them DVDs. It will always be worth the effort. And the effort is really small. Just a couple of minutes per DVD, and if you take pre-orders, you don't even have to spend money. People like to collect and archive what they cherish.And people like to watch stuff in their home theatre without network dropouts, constant re-buffering and other typical online-video annoyances :) And even today, people don't go "oh, let's hook up the PC to the livingroom HDTV, I want you to show a video on vimeo". People still go, "I've brought this DVD that you should really watch!" :) Even in my circle of friends, and we're all total internet nuts.

If you're too lazy to print covers, how about at least putting a pdf of the cover and inlays online, and a DVD ISO image so people can burn and print their own? Or at least downloadable mp4 files. That would enable people to get the HD version.

Also, you should send DVDs to the animation festivals all over the world. They will be happy for ANY kind of contribution, and yours is quite monumental compared to what they usually get.

kyo:
And again, I see I have to improve my PR-skills. Well, I had my concerns (and still have) about that movie.
But the feedback showed that there is at least one sequence that worked out even for most harsh critics: The sequence I found myself to be the only untainted one in the movie, the endingsequence. So I must have done something right after all.

@cheetah_: Okay, regarding this festival issue:
Do you have researched that topic already? Got a list? Futhermore I can remember that you told me about an onlineforum where I should send that movie. URL? =)

Kind regards
 Dirk

Jackrow:
The first time I saw a movie which was really uncommon and that's why I started to love it.
At first it was hard to recognize what the story is actually about, but slowly it became clearer and clearer. As my honest opinion I loved its middle, but by the end it was finished as a sad, but somewhat touching piece of artwork.
Normally I don't collect unfinished videos, but THIS was something I wish to get.

As some of us said earlier it would be great to be able ordering it by DVD versions because as Cheetah already said whenever a network dropout just happens will ruin it for a while.

Keep it up and hooray for yet another blender user though I just started learn it this year!

Lokosicek:
Kyo: Okies, Im done working on the subtitles. They are waiting for you in your mail now :) They still need few corrections, more info in the mail itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version