Eurofurence Information > Questions & Answers

on card payments

(1/2) > >>

ShadowSani:
it mentioned creditcards, but would that include visa debits as well? just curious, thanks!

Cheetah:
If it has the VISA logo on it, it should work. So the theory :) We don't yet have any actual experience with VISA debit cards, though. So by all means, please give it a try, and we'll see if your payment goes through or not.

ShadowSani:
ok then, thanks for that :) I'll keep an eye out for the payment email!

TiBoth:
Hi ShadowSani,

it would be nice if you'd make a short note here if it worked or not. Maybe it is interesting for others to know if they can use their debit card or not.

*wags*
 TiBoth

ANTIcarrot:

--- Quote from: TiBoth on 03.02.2011, 16:52:38 ---Hi ShadowSani,
it would be nice if you'd make a short note here if it worked or not. Maybe it is interesting for others to know if they can use their debit card or not.

--- End quote ---

Technically you can do so right now by making an IBAN payment. This used to be expensive in (in the UK) but I just looked it up for my bank (HSBC) and it's now a grand high total of <drum roll...> 62 euro pennies more expensive than the EF CC charge.**  Many banks like HSBC probably give you the ability to do it online, or at worst, over the phone, so it needn't be more effort than the EF method.
http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/personal/internet-banking/help-centre/overseas-payments#cost
It might be worth you checking what your own banks charge.

Disclaimer:
**Assuming you pay all at once. Two payments for me would be E11 more expensive. EF may also want to bill you the CC charge if you mix payments now and then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version