Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Stairs and elevators...

<< < (5/6) > >>

Cheetah:
Nobs, I hope you told the front desk about it the moment this happened. The service technician from otis was on location at least two times.

nobs:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 25.08.2011, 19:45:01 ---Nobs, I hope you told the front desk about it the moment this happened. The service technician from otis was on location at least two times.

--- End quote ---

The -1 issue was during depart. I missed to report that one.

The others were reported by other furs so far I know. But I am not sure whether it really was fixed, or I just didn't notice it any more.

Xar:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 23.08.2011, 03:29:12 ---By the way, the explanation for the loud noise and flow of air was that the AC was having a hard time keeping the temperature down in the atrium, so the house technician activated the "gas purge" system that is originally meant to keep the staircases smoke-free in case of a fire to assist the air circulation in the lobby area.

I agree it was loud, but the fursuiters loved it (there were alway quite a few flocking around the staircase entry), and you could do some fun stuff in there ... like let a balloon fly, and watch it circle down the staircase into the lobby without ever touching a wall :)

--- End quote ---

Please, *please* do that again next year!
It was incredibly awesome, you could just step in front of the staircases in suit without even have to leave the lobby :)
And leave it running if possible (I think an emergency system isn't really meant to be active 24/7 for a week, but one can hope...)

SouthPaw:

--- Quote from: Xar on 25.08.2011, 22:15:04 ---Please, *please* do that again next year!
It was incredibly awesome, you could just step in front of the staircases in suit without even have to leave the lobby :)
And leave it running if possible (I think an emergency system isn't really meant to be active 24/7 for a week, but one can hope...)

--- End quote ---
The trouble with leaving the gas purge system running is that it knocks out the ventilation system for the bedrooms as, obviously, you don't want to have smoke being drawn into the bedrooms or staircases in the event of a fire.

Cheers,

Southie

Xar:

--- Quote from: SouthPaw on 26.08.2011, 13:55:08 ---
--- Quote from: Xar on 25.08.2011, 22:15:04 ---Please, *please* do that again next year!

--- End quote ---
The trouble with leaving the gas purge system running is that it knocks out the ventilation system for the bedrooms as, obviously, you don't want to have smoke being drawn into the bedrooms or staircases in the event of a fire.

Cheers,

Southie

--- End quote ---

Oh, I see then. Too bad ^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version