Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Feedback from EF17

<< < (13/18) > >>

Faolin:

--- Quote from: CleanerWolf on 28.08.2011, 21:57:09 ---Unfortunately, one of my favorite events was a big disappointment this year - the fursuit parade at friday.
After the group photo being made, nobody gave instructions what to do next, resulting in a huge pile of fursuiters just standing around in the lobby. After a while, somebody announced that the rain just stopped and the parade would start outside.
--- End quote ---

Plus, those announcements being made from somewhere else through some kind of speaker were not really audible. Everyone around me was standing there like "what did he just say..?", no one had an idea what to do next. Rain? No rain? Parade? No parade? Ah, the parade, it already started! Let's go! Hurry up!

tiggieandsketchkat:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 29.08.2011, 12:41:01 ---Okay, so I'm not quoting you. But I took the liberty to turn your feedback into english, because staff members started complaning about severe headaches trying to read two full pages of text with no punctuation. Please do not take to heart and please do not feel the need to quote and tell me how wrong I am about all this. This is here to help in the future of the forum!

--- End quote ---
Thats cool thankyou

Kinase:
I would like to leave a feedback comment me too.

First of all, this was my first con and, even if I wasn't really prepeared for this, I've enjoyed it and had good time there.

At the moment of the registration I was a bit sceptical about the price for the room, which seemed quite high for me. Changed my mind when I've found out which kind of hotel I ended in. Rooms were good and the fitness area was faboulus, great for a moment of relax after the long and sleepless nights.

I can't give feedbacks about the hotel's kitchen since I've never used their services, but I can say I'm happy with the pianobar, the staff was great there (the place was more enjoyable around 17.00/18.00, and the service was pretty fast too).

The only thing I've noticed and disappointed me was the hig prices for water. a problem that was simply solved by living on tap water from the restrooms (that wasn't just in the hotel, every restaurants around the place had really expensive water, even tap water).

About the organization, I think the staff did a great job, nothing more I can say.
I enjoyed mostly everything, with the pawpet show being the brightest star of the event.
I changed my mind about the panels too, unfortunately I wasn't able to attend all those I was interested in because many were held at the same time, but then realized that there's no time and no room where every 1000+ people would have fit in just to follow a single panel (and the fact that there was nothing on sunday allowed me to visit the Zoo as well :p)

nothing else comes to my mind right now, hope you all enjoyed the time you had there.

Kinase

Fafnir Kristensen:

--- Quote from: tiggieandsketchkat on 29.08.2011, 11:29:08 ---I wasn’t very impressed with the time it took for the paw pet show to get running and then become late by 2 hours, if not more.

--- End quote ---

it was late because the sound console fused and someone got hurt trying to fix it in hurry. cant really blame anybody but bad luck.
personally I preferred waiting sited in the room than waiting standing in a crowd in front of the doors.

Fafnir Kristensen:

--- Quote from: Faolin on 29.08.2011, 15:08:55 ---Plus, those announcements being made from somewhere else through some kind of speaker were not really audible. Everyone around me was standing there like "what did he just say..?", no one had an idea what to do next. Rain? No rain? Parade? No parade? Ah, the parade, it already started! Let's go! Hurry up!

--- End quote ---

I agree all the announcement done using the megaphone were difficult to understand for people not close to the speaker.
I certainly may have a few difficulties understanding english, but the megaphone was pretty much useless as the sound seems very directional and if the speaker is not directing the megaphone at you, the sound is poorer than someone talking very loudly.
maybe a good way to convey information understandable by most people in the lobby would be to speak from the balcony on the upper floor? (just an idea)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version