Eurofurence Information > Feedback

water system

(1/3) > >>

nobs:
The pressure of the water (and therefore the temperature in the shower) varies fast and hard.

This was the case quite often on different times of day.

Maybe they should check their pressure system.

(another topic I should have had with the hotel directly, I know)

Cheetah:
I am sorry, but we do not maintain the hotel's plumbing, and I'm afraid telling the hotel "one out of 1076 attendees complained about the water pressure" is not going to change much. As before I can only suggest taking complaints like these to the front desk the very moment it happens.

nobs:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 25.08.2011, 19:43:05 ---I am sorry, but we do not maintain the hotel's plumbing, and I'm afraid telling the hotel "one out of 1076 attendees complained about the water pressure" is not going to change much. As before I can only suggest taking complaints like these to the front desk the very moment it happens.

--- End quote ---

You (edit: I dammit ;) ) do not need to write you do not want to write about it ;-)
(edit: this funny-meant-intro was too complicated for me, as it seems...)

I just mention it so others can share their experiences. If every one says "for sure I am the only one, so I don't tell" we will never know.

And I guess, it is "not everyone's cup of tea" to report directly to the hotel.

BigBlueFox:
Okay, but... If nobody talks to the hotel about issues that obviously ARE hotel related, what do they think will happen? Sure as hell the hotel staff is not going to use your shower everyday to see if everything works...

Cheetah:
Well, I can relate to the feedback, and it's fine to give it, for sure. But in this forum, it will not change anything, that's all I'm saying ... to prevent disappointments :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version