Eurofurence Community > Special Interests

Amateur (Ham) Radio?

<< < (6/8) > >>

Ziggy_wolf:
Sorry  dubble checked it, that`s 446MHz (PMR)  outside your range, wich is on the amateur band acording to the link you posted.  Should we experiance any chatter we`ll just change the channel.
Still learning here ok. Sorry for anny heart attacks I may have caused. Some other security dude told me your system is incrypted and it`s virtually impossible to disturb your communications.
We mainly use it to communicate internally in our group, because it`s cheeper than cellphones. Ziggy is simply what I call myself when talking on it.  
However I do have a callsign wich I do not remember, wich I use on a digital scanner via a webbrowser, to try to lean how to do this stuf and look in to getting a licence some time in the future.
I`m basicly here to learn, and ask stupid questions, and apply what I learn to disaster preperation.
And get some advice on buying a scanner to listen in on safety anouncements.
Never had any problems with communications at EF, if I did you propably would have contacted me by now and beaten be with a rubber hose.

Anyhow since I have your attention, we`re bringing along a fully stocked first aid kit, (Yes I`m paranoid) Should you need anything if anything happens, just ask.
Just trying my best not to be an asshole here.

AkiFox:
@ziggy: ok, i will give you a call on pmr channel 1 then, when i have build up my equipment :)

Gyroplast:
@Ziggy: Thanks for the clarification, all is well! I'm just too german for my own good, and love to quote incredibly boring walls of text.
And since I'm insufferable smart-ass: 446.0-446.1 MHz is decidedly not on an amateur band, but of course free to use with PMR devices. ;)

Now go forth and party!

nobs:
DD3AH here. I think i will have 2m and 70cm FM with me. But I won't promise to be QRV a lot.

meeko:
Oh! Count me in!
I'll have a cheap-n-cheerful Baofeng UV5R with me and a Wouxun KG-UV950 in the car.
Hoping to have a few chats when Im there, but a meetup would be good!
73s
Meeko
M0FVD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version