Eurofurence Information > Programming

Could we have an up to date list of panels pinned to this board?

<< < (2/2)

SouthPaw:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 09.06.2012, 02:50:41 ---Yeah, it's something we have been planning to do for a couple of years, but nobody in our team currently has the resources to maintain multiple versions of the same timetable, especially if it's a work in progress, and so far we have yet to find a WORKING and MAINTAINED open source scheduling software that allows for easy html exports, enabling us to do all the planning inside a database isntead of the wiki and multiple spreadsheets.
--- End quote ---

Well there's always Pentabarf, which is what ConFuzzled uses at the moment, having mostly tamed it (or worked out ways around its "quirks" at least). Hasn't been updated by the original developer for two years though.  :(  Apart from that, there don't appear to be any open source scheduling systems available.

Cheers,

Southie

Cheetah:

--- Quote from: SouthPaw on 12.06.2012, 12:17:54 ---Well there's always Pentabarf, which is what ConFuzzled uses at the moment, having mostly tamed it (or worked out ways around its "quirks" at least). Hasn't been updated by the original developer for two years though.  :(  Apart from that, there don't appear to be any open source scheduling systems available.

--- End quote ---

Hmm... what do you think, would the person who's maintaining it for CFZ be able to set up a second "tamed" instance, this time for Eurofurence? Our Programming department were supposed to try pentabarf this year, but all the people with the technical skills to do so are caught up in different situations (school, job, etc ...) this year that prevent them from doing so, and riffuchs himself is already taking over too many things by himself, bringing him close to burnout.

neweinstein:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 12.06.2012, 12:58:37 ---Hmm... what do you think, would the person who's maintaining it for CFZ be able to set up a second "tamed" instance, this time for Eurofurence? Our Programming department were supposed to try pentabarf this year, but all the people with the technical skills to do so are caught up in different situations (school, job, etc ...) this year that prevent them from doing so
--- End quote ---

would be great to know ... we could also need such a system if its working fine ... but for our size we could maybe still do it "manually"

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 12.06.2012, 12:58:37 ---and riffuchs himself is already taking over too many things by himself, bringing him close to burnout.
--- End quote ---

yeah ... I see that ... contacted him about the event I proposed in the neighbouring thread ... no answer since a week now ...

EIN

TiBoth:
*Woof*

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 12.06.2012, 12:58:37 ---Hmm... what do you think, would the person who's maintaining it for CFZ be able to set up a second "tamed" instance, this time for Eurofurence? Our Programming department were supposed to try pentabarf this year, but all the people with the technical skills to do so are caught up in different situations (school, job, etc ...) this year that prevent them from doing so
--- End quote ---

Let me add a thing regarding Pentabarf: It is also used by DebConf, the annual Debian Developer Conference. As you might imagine, there are a lot of skilled programmers and experienced sysadmins inside the Debian project, which (and the fact that AFAIC the CCC is still using it, too) makes me very certain that security flaws will be fixed quickly. Well, maybe Pentabarf will just be an apt-get install away sometimes?

--- Quote from: neweinstein on 12.06.2012, 13:26:23 ---
--- Quote from: Cheetah on 12.06.2012, 12:58:37 ---and riffuchs himself is already taking over too many things by himself, bringing him close to burnout.
--- End quote ---

yeah ... I see that ... contacted him about the event I proposed in the neighbouring thread ... no answer since a week now ...

--- End quote ---

With BerliCon being just about a week away, Riffuchs (and the rest of the BC staff, uhm, me included) is quite busy with preparations for it. I'd say after some few relaxing days after the con communication flow will increase again. As far as I know he is aware of the things sent by e-mail or the things happening on the board relevant for programming and other ConOps stuff; and knowing Riffuchs, he surely already made personal notes.

So just be patient, nothing will be forgotten. : )

*arf*
 TiBoth

Fairlight:
I think it was mostly Matt Lion who set up Pentabarf. Might be worth if you send him a nice mail, chairperson to chairperson, and ask him nicely ^.^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version