Eurofurence Information > Feedback

A new year, a new opinion about the pawpetshow

<< < (8/9) > >>

Suran:
I can ignore seeing half a head poking out somewhere but seeing a full face in a black suit breaks the magic.

Kamuniak:
This:

--- Quote from: Ralesk on 04.09.2012, 20:39:28 ---[*] everything is just WAY TOO LOUD — I should have brought earplugs. Characters speaking normally: loud. Background music: loud. Characters screaming (which happens a lot): unbearably loud.

--- End quote ---

Which is really pity thinking how much time and effort making these shows surely takes, and then thing like this ruins the experience :(

Jaryic:

--- Quote from: Kamuniak on 19.09.2012, 23:23:12 ---This:

--- Quote from: Ralesk on 04.09.2012, 20:39:28 ---[*] everything is just WAY TOO LOUD — I should have brought earplugs. Characters speaking normally: loud. Background music: loud. Characters screaming (which happens a lot): unbearably loud.

--- End quote ---

Which is really pity thinking how much time and effort making these shows surely takes, and then thing like this ruins the experience :(

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry but none told me during the performance.
Unfortunately we don't have a musical theater that has an optimal acoustic design and lot's of small speakers installed to ensure an even level of volume throughout the whole venue. We only have one big stereo speaker system for the whole room. So depending where you sit, it can be more or less loud. In fact we added a new "Nearfield" system this year to the already existing surround and monitor systems as well as doing changes to the adjustments of the main speakers to get a better control over this. But all these changes give us a totally new set of parameters that we still have to learn to ace when doing live audio. None of the tech crew is a pro with that size of a venue and this kinds of events so it may not be THX-HD-DD-12.2-3D-IMAX-48FPS-Quality all the time. We try to, but believe us, even with 14h dress / tech rehearsal it's hard to hit it right on the first shot, that is the show presentation you all see. Bare with us, we're not doing this on purpose. Producing the show takes far too much time to ruin it by ignorance during the premier.
But there is also no invisible barrier between you and us - using a break to come to the tech booth in the back and tell us "it's pretty loud at the front" helps us and we can do something about it.

(And before someone asks, yes, I use an SPL-Meter and yes, at the mix position the audio was at a "cinematic" level - means at a level I'd expect when I go to the cinema or into a musical production)

Knightmare:
Aurelia just had the kind of voice where i just wanted to run up and hug her, her character just made me melt from cuteness, overall it was a dam awesome show, always wanted to see a pawpet show ever since i first wanted to attend EF, i can now see why others say its like the "highlight of the furry calander" so to speak

Pinky:

--- Quote from: Knightmare on 08.10.2012, 01:01:55 ---Aurelia just had the kind of voice where i just wanted to run up and hug her, her character just made me melt from cuteness, overall it was a dam awesome show, always wanted to see a pawpet show ever since i first wanted to attend EF, i can now see why others say its like the "highlight of the furry calander" so to speak

--- End quote ---

*blush*  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version