(1/6) > >>

Fafnir Kristensen:
just a few words about the conbook:

thank you for all the maps !!!!
maps of the rooms, maps of the dealersden, maps of the artshow
thank you for all these, they were really great, useful and much appreciated
I hope you do this again next year :)

maybe one detail that could be improved:
the days name in the event pages were written too small (imo) and I often missed them when looking for the events of a certain day.
If you look at the conbook from laster year, they were all bigger and with a much noticeable color which made them easier to see.

Cairyn:

--- Quote from: Fafnir Kristensen on 06.09.2012, 14:40:42 ---thank you for all the maps !!!!
maps of the rooms, maps of the dealersden, maps of the artshow
thank you for all these, they were really great, useful and much appreciated
I hope you do this again next year :)

maybe one detail that could be improved:
the days name in the event pages were written too small (imo) and I often missed them when looking for the events of a certain day.
If you look at the conbook from laster year, they were all bigger and with a much noticeable color which made them easier to see.

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot  ;D

The maps suffered a bit from last moment changes in the artist lineup, especially in the Art Show. I hope they were sufficient nevertheless... we're trying to be more accurate in the future.

As for the event list, yes, the days were printed a bit small and in the style of the events (since the headers all were 3D rendered). If we do this kind of list again, we'll look out for a better visibility. However: We're discussing switching over from a time-based list to a track-oriented list anyway (so instead of a single huge "Event" section with 10 pages, the book would have "Fursuit", "Art", "Music", and "Performance" etc. sections), since the timetables already provide a time and room overview for all the day, and it would be easier to read up on special interests. Any thoughts?

Gero:
Could be a nice idea, but then youd miss the overview somewhat.
Other suggestions might include:
*Skip having huge section of reasturant open times in timetable, take up loads of space and is often same from day to day, put it in a special information section instead.
*Really no need to include half an hour of seating time before each major event, just state that "doors usually opening half an hour before main events starts for seating" or something instead.
*You might want to include a "Call to stations time" aka where every that wants to atend in suites should be there, specially for main fursuiting events like parade and photo, thus it makes it easier for fursuiters to plan.
*A map providing the central area of Magdeburg (just the few squares around the hotel, the shopping mall and the station.) showing where the overflew hotell is, where some good reasturants is and where you can get money and other basic items (eq shops) is located. Could also state where the parade is going and maybe some good outing spots of interests, if there is any.

However I really enjoyed the pocket timetable thingy! It was great to have in my pocket and take up whenever I needed to check times. Definately wants simular thingy next year.

Langohr:
Very informative, beautiful art: great!

Only suggestion from me: A list of contents would be useful.

Cookie:
Mine was badly misprinted. I had some of the interview pages twice.. i just hope that nothing important was missing from it as a result of the misprinting...
A friend of mine had blak pages inserted in his..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version