Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Freifunk as Wifi alternative

<< < (2/2)

Oddity:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 07.09.2012, 21:41:51 ---we've tried a meshed Wifi network in the first year, and we had rather big problems with thick walls, reflections and general overload of the frequency band in the lobby.

--- End quote ---

...and in case this is a problem, is it possible to use cables between the APs (with this particular system) to save some ether bandwidth?

Wawik:

--- Quote from: Oddity on 08.09.2012, 14:39:12 ---
...and in case this is a problem, is it possible to use cables between the APs (with this particular system) to save some ether bandwidth?

--- End quote ---

nifela:
If shared bandwidth is a problem, contact me. My bachelors thesis covers how to fairly distribute bandwidth amongst dormitory users using Linux (tc and iptables) and I've written the code for the soon-to-be central internet access point for many dormitories in Vienna.
Fair means that every user gets the same proportional slice of bandwidth and that P2P doesn't get more than the twitter client next to it.

Draky:
Hello,

About the wifi problem, i don't mind sharing my AP Cisco Aironet 1130ag (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6087/index.html) and give some help (network administrator) if needed for the next year ^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version