Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF19 Feedback

<< < (8/13) > >>

Dhary Montecore:

--- Quote from: Kralle on 28.08.2013, 17:25:59 ---
--- Quote from: DarkFoxDK on 28.08.2013, 10:56:02 ---
--- Quote from: Jorinda on 28.08.2013, 09:36:16 ---Something else I forgot to mention:
One evening there was a team of ladies in red dresses in the lobby handing out energy drinks for promotion. (Sadly, I cannot remember what day it was.)
Some of my friends and me found it quite annoying to be bothered with sales promotions during the con. I wouldn't mind about things related to con theme - like some animal charity, or plushies, or furry-themed movies and the like. But a team trying to sell stuff that has nothing to do with the con kind of ruined the atmosphere.

--- End quote ---

This! I found it absolutely tasteless (that they were there, I didn't taste the energy drink).

--- End quote ---

I have to agree here, the promotion was completly tasteless idea of the hotel.

--- End quote ---

Seconded. Especially when one of the "ladies" came to me and handed me a drink with the words (this is a quote!) "Here, drink this and have hard animal-sex" ....

Not sure what those people where told or thought, but that lead to a little talk between me and the promoters leader.

Thygrrr:

--- Quote from: Kralle on 28.08.2013, 17:25:59 ---I have to agree here, the promotion was completly tasteless idea of the hotel.

--- End quote ---

Well. It's one of those things that tend to happen, I guess. At the entire con, nobody at any time looked as misplaced as these chicks and their pimp photographer.

I wouldn't call it tasteless but I wonder who paid whom and what were they hoping to achieve. A furry con isn't exactly the most photogenic backdrop for a beanstalk model in fake Gucci gear.  ;D

James The Dog:
I'm glad someone other people mentioned the drinks promotion thing, as I also found myself wondering what an earth all that was about! Didn't seem to fit in with the convention or anything.

Schorse:

--- Quote from: Dhary Montecore on 28.08.2013, 17:33:49 ---Seconded. Especially when one of the "ladies" came to me and handed me a drink with the words (this is a quote!) "Here, drink this and have hard animal-sex" ....

Not sure what those people where told or thought, but that lead to a little talk between me and the promoters leader.

--- End quote ---

Well, you should have taken the drink and then grab that model and drag her to the next dirty roomparty to show her how the stuff works. :P

No, really, that was really out of place. And how I hate their fake smiles.

Cheetah:

--- Quote from: James The Dog on 28.08.2013, 18:04:01 ---I'm glad someone other people mentioned the drinks promotion thing, as I also found myself wondering what an earth all that was about! Didn't seem to fit in with the convention or anything.

--- End quote ---

To clear this up: It was something the hotel did on their own. They had recently added that drink to their menu, and the company asked if they are allowed to do a promotion. We basically told the hotel it's their business, as long as they don't interfere with the con. I guess the company (I even forgot the name) did not know what an unusual group of people we are, and they seemed to get a bit desperate after their trained methods just wouldn't work with us :) We got a few (light) complaints, and we forwarded them to the management, and eventuelly they backed off. Basically it's the hotel's business to promote drinks, so we can hardly tell them not to. So while I take everyone's point that this initiative was not exactly stellar, it has no consequences for next year, as we are moving locations anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version