Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sponsoring and where the money goes  (Read 5661 times)

Rattie

Sponsoring and where the money goes
« on: 04.09.2013, 18:33:10 »

I did wonder. What role does the sponsor money play in the big picture? And is Eurofurence dependent on having sponsors and supersponsors?

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: Sponsoring and where the money goes
« Reply #1 on: 04.09.2013, 18:46:36 »

The sponsor money goes right into the convention budget. It's like a voluntary donation to the con that keeps the regular ticket prices where they are. If we had fewer sponsors, the standard ticket prices would have to go up - or we would have to make cuts at the convention itself.

Eurofurence itself is a non-profit affair - so the sponsors are those who help us make things as awesome as they are :)
« Last Edit: 04.09.2013, 18:48:53 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #2 on: 04.09.2013, 20:22:17 »

Before the rumour mill starts to turn again: every staff member, including the board of directors, pays full attendance fee. And many of us are not only sponsors, but also do not ask for full reimbursement of expenses for the convention.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Rattie

« Reply #3 on: 04.09.2013, 21:11:52 »

Before the rumour mill starts to turn again: every staff member, including the board of directors, pays full attendance fee. And many of us are not only sponsors, but also do not ask for full reimbursement of expenses for the convention.
*Giggles* I actually knew that part, and I have been in the fandom for... 2 years... So I assumed everyone else did too...

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #4 on: 04.09.2013, 23:04:13 »

I did wonder. What role does the sponsor money play in the big picture? And is Eurofurence dependent on having sponsors and supersponsors?

This year the final count including on-site upgrades was 191 sponsors and 165 supersponsors.

While the sponsor and supersponsor gifts do cost a little bit, they only take up a small portion of that money.

If these fine folks hadn't opted to pay this extra fee, the regular con fee for everyone would have gone up by approx. 25 EUR.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pages: [1]   Go Up