Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF20 feedback

<< < (7/35) > >>

Suran:

--- Quote from: Hurga on 26.08.2014, 21:11:46 ---
--- Quote from: Suran on 26.08.2014, 20:36:50 ---Obviously the elevator situation needs improvement.
--- End quote ---
Interesting - this isn't obvious for me. The elevators seeemed to work perfectly, I can't remember that I needed to wait for more than 3 minutes at any time, I remember only one that was broken. And I was very surprised about it.

--- End quote ---

I experienced 2 broken elevators, was stuck in a third one and regularly had to wait.
That the 3 most stressed elevators are the only ones reaching the parking levels and you need to move from one elevator to another to reach a room in another block but II doesn't help.

nobs:
Like in every decent 3D-mace there some hidden trails:

You can use the stair-houses to go down. In block 2 you can leave the stairs at -1, -2 and *tadaa* on +1. Outside breakfast time you head towards "Sauna", take a left turn and you are in "Orangerie" of the Lobby: Leaving block 2 with_out_ the use of elevators.

Then you can change between block 1 through 3. So with using the elevators at room "Paris" you can also get into block 2.

And finally you can switch between block 4 and 2 on levels +1 and +2.

So there are some tricks to reduce the load of the elevators of block 2 (that are closest to the registration which makes them kinda "popular").

Choose your trail, but choose wisely!

[edit: sometimes I wonder about myself...]

lynard:
Well, a new Convention, a new Year, a new Hotel. I was lucky that my Cocktails were ok (for my taste) though i had not that much - drank mostly beer. The Lift System could use some improvement. It was obvious that the Hotel Staff doesnt have such large groups like us in the house very often - though they handled it well. Wifi Access was ok - not the fastest one, but I had much much much worse on US Conventions.

---- from here on my personal comment
As usual when we move to a new Hotel there were technical difficulties. I expected them (been on enough convention so far - its always the same problem), just not the fact, that they would pile up _that_ high. Lots of staff people were stressed including myself, especially with this large number of visitors. I also know that waiting queues suck and that waiting is not a nice thing, especially when delay grows with more and more little catastrophes (technical problems, pc crash and so on - you name it; Murphys Law comes as many many little problems).

Personally I find it unfair and really demotivating to complain only about the waiting time of the pps show, as the concert of Fox Amoore was also delayed by at least 45 to 60 Minutes (can't remember it exactly by now) because of technical problems as well (which wasn't mentioned yet by anyone).

Suran:
The doors between the blocks on level 1 are closed during the night and morning,

Fineas:

--- Quote from: nobs on 26.08.2014, 21:42:56 ---Like in every decent 3D-mace there some hidden trails:

You can use the stair-houses to go down. In block 2 you can leave the stairs at -1, -2 and *tadaa* on +1. Outside breakfast time you head towards "Sauna", take a left turn and you are in "Orangerie" of the Lobby: Leaving block 2 with the use of elevators.

Then you can change between block 1 through 3. So with using the elevators at room "Paris" you can also get into block.

And finally you can switch between block 4 and 2 on levels +1 and +2.

So there are some tricks to reduce the load of the elevators of block 2 (that are closest to the registration which makes them kinda "popular").

Choose your trail, but choose wisely!

--- End quote ---

Pffff. I got stuck in the staircase at Wing 2. Level 0 and -1 both had either alarms or only knobs on the door.
I was so glad for my staff radio that I could call security, otherwise I would had been panicking pretty quick.

Still it was hotel staff that let me out when I knocked the door, they where quite surprised to find me >.<

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 26.08.2014, 21:22:40 ---
--- Quote from: Hurga on 26.08.2014, 21:11:46 ---Interesting - this isn't obvious for me. The elevators seeemed to work perfectly, I can't remember that I needed to wait for more than 3 minutes at any time, I remember only one that was broken. And I was very surprised about it.

--- End quote ---

The problem was mostly limited to Wing 2 ... management is very aware of the problems, and they promised to come up with a solution.

--- End quote ---

I can attest to that. Both elevators on Wing 3 no problems at all, but their where a lot of out of order signs on the Wing 2 elevators.
The elevators where very quick too, still I guess if you span one over 20 levels it tends to be a bit more prone to problems.

--- Quote from: nobs on 26.08.2014, 20:59:39 --- ...Give me a Kairan and a Riffuchs and a week of time and we fix that :)

--- End quote ---

*Grins* Lend me ConOps, a budget and enough time we build you new elevators.
Get those 2 and double the budget a couple of times, we build you a new hotel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version