Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF20 feedback

<< < (10/35) > >>

o'wolf:

--- Quote from: nobs on 26.08.2014, 20:59:39 ---True. And they did not even have the (lame) "excuse" of the Maritim that this is not their parking house, so they can not give any discount. But unfortunately this gets more and more common in hotels.
--- End quote ---

AFAIK the Estrel parking garage is indeed operated by an external company, though this probably isn't very obvious.

Cifer:
Most of the major points were already mentioned, so I'll keep it short:

1.) Wow! That was a wonderful first foray into the world of Eurofurence. Thanks to everyone who made it possible - convention staff, security, hotel staff and so on!

2.) Would it be possible to print the map of the Den on some posters and hang them inside the den? I found the map in the con book very helpful as I had only heard of many of the dealers before and wasn't able to match the names with the faces. For some reason, though, I rarely had the book with me while visiting the Den.

3.) I'd very much appreciate it if the chairs at the main stage were set in an overlapping pattern:
CCC
.CC
I'm not exactly small, but it seemed like there was always someone bigger sitting right in front of me. With the non-existant slope of the theater, I can only imagine what problems smaller people must have had.

4.) The app. I love the fact that there is an EF app, but at least the iOS version needs a little more work. The convention messages were generally cut off/didn't wrap, I have no idea how to make the app look for new messages and the event list had the lowest event hidden by the bottom bar. Additionally, events were only marked with a beginning, but not an end.
As for feature requests rather than bug fixes, I'd very much like it if the app acted as a calendar as well. Mark events you want to attend, then have the app notify you when they draw near - perhaps even push messages about delays and such.

5.) Did I mention I had an awesome time?

@Token

--- Quote ---Thank you, we are glad you liked it. But as for the idea to have to more central/running longer: Sorry, not possible. It already ate a huge amount of manpower. Basically we know how inconvenient the forbidden bags inside artshow/dealersden can be and thus tried to 'ease the pain' for those who do not read the conbook (and signs, and handhouts, and RoC…) and come to the artshow/dealersden with a bag or camera. :-)
--- End quote ---
For the people who don't stay at the hotel, the problem is not so much analphabetism as simple impossibility - unless of course I go for the 90 minute drive home and back every time I want to visit the den/show. So I'd certainly be happy if you kept the storage option for next year as well.  ;)

Masada:
I just want to share the following:

In the fursuit lounge I saw someone blatantly stand up, take out his cellphone and started recording everything around him. Not a minute before, I was asked to put away my cellphone when I was just checking to see if I had a message.

The request to put it away was friendly and I complied. But to have someone stand up and be /care about it was awkward and I didn't know what to do with the situation. I guess mentioning it now is too late, but I feel like this should be addressed as a good concern for the future. I also heard about a photographer selling pics of people that were headless to a newssite, including me. I would love to know how that is possible, as he would have to have sneaked into the fursuit lounge. I didn't see the picture as it was removed, but I'm definitely not ok with this.

BigBlueFox:

--- Quote from: o'wolf on 27.08.2014, 00:33:56 ---
--- Quote from: nobs on 26.08.2014, 20:59:39 ---True. And they did not even have the (lame) "excuse" of the Maritim that this is not their parking house, so they can not give any discount. But unfortunately this gets more and more common in hotels.
--- End quote ---

AFAIK the Estrel parking garage is indeed operated by an external company, though this probably isn't very obvious.

--- End quote ---

This is a fact. Like at the Maritim, the Estrel does not operate the garage.

ysegrim:

--- Quote from: Atkelar on 26.08.2014, 23:12:55 ---The images not showing on the screen were technical difficulties - that's all I currently know about that.

--- End quote ---

I have no idea what went wrong there. We are using a commercial software for show cues (the same as the pawpet show *cough*), the picture showed up during all tests right before the show, and it didn't show up during the show. Just this picture, and even when we restarted the cue. (I only remember one, though. Was there a second?) Any way, sorry about that, we'll think about a backup now that we know the software isn't reliable when it comes to pictures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version