Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Cocktails at the bar

<< < (4/12) > >>

Cheetah:

--- Quote from: Hurga on 27.08.2014, 00:55:00 ---Well, I don't have evidence, and I didn't even have evidence back then - maybe the cocktails are ok at the Estrel, but they were so much better than average at the Maritim? Should we have a couple of people vote on the taste? Whom?

In the end, it'll be just the free market economy: If people feel the quality is not ok, they won't buy.

--- End quote ---

Well, if you ordered a cocktail, and it's missing key ingredients, that's a bit more grave then just a vote on the taste. Thing is, I'm not worried about the F&B profits of the hotel, that's their own problem. But I want my own attendees to be happy, and direct feedback is more likely to induce change than a virtual loss of income in an overcrowded house.

I've had a few cocktails, and they were absolutely in order, so I guess it depends on who was preparing the drink and which bar you ordered at.

Jumpy:

--- Quote from: Hurga on 27.08.2014, 00:55:00 ---[...] maybe the cocktails are ok at the Estrel, but they were so much better than average at the Maritim? [...]

--- End quote ---

I can compare to several Steigenberger, InterCityHotel, Fleming's, Hilton and around 30 other hotels (most of them 4 stars just like the Estrel) I've spent every Monday through Thursday night in for the ten years from 2002 to 2012.

I haven't seen such a variation in quality anywhere.

In one word: Nuh-uh.

Then of course these other bars weren't being overrun like the Estrel was by us.

Tekumseh:
Well... I don't have the recipe for the BlackIce. But I loved it in Suhl... still liked it in the Maritim but the one I got here was just meh. (it was a bit of grapefruit, then alcoholic desinfectant (aka vodka) and then something bitter that just lingered on).

The Jehovas I got after that were okayish but nothing too special.

Conclusion: we need the hairless master back :)

I can imagine that they were shocked by the critique coming in after nearly nobdy complained at the bar... but then it seems furries are much nicer than the average business people wanting to get a drink in the evening and dont want to ruin their mood by complaining at the barkeeper.

ysegrim:
I thought it was common knowledge by around Thursday that the cocktails at the piano bar were pretty good and those from the other bar were ... not. Which is why it was such a pity that the former closed at Midnight. (And that you could not get any drinks at all after 3am or so, which was especially annoying after their witchhunt for cooling boxes, even those the hotel had demanded people to bring for prescribed drugs. Which, on the other hand, made their lament about running our of beer glasses rather amusing ... what did they think people would do?)

Tekumseh:

--- Quote from: ysegrim on 27.08.2014, 01:53:58 ---I thought it was common knowledge by around Thursday that the cocktails at the piano bar were pretty good and those from the other bar were ... not. [...]

--- End quote ---
No, it wasn't. Nobody ever told me *g* But then I only had 3 or 4 drinks during the whole con...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version