Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Big thank you to the fursuit team 2014

<< < (6/8) > >>

RedFoxy:
thank's for infos!

o'wolf:

--- Quote from: Mystifur on 04.09.2014, 05:37:17 ---To my knowledge Eurofurence is the convention that started the entire fursuit-dryer thing and has grown the lounge ever since.
--- End quote ---

The story how it came into existence is quite entertaining. Trigger Happy Squirrel used to bring a head dryer tree made of PVC pipes to the Further Confusion fursuit lounge. I don't know who brought that topic up at EF, but general consensus was "this is pretty cool!" and "let's see how we can improve this thing". Thus, the full-blown (haha) fursuiter dryer, dubbed "The Pipe Monster", was born. I don't quite remember who exactly was involved in it, but I think you actually built the first dryer for EF. Must have been around EF11 oder EF12, if memory serves right.

Drift:
And we are really happy to have the "monster", even if gratitude is not shown/written as much as complaints :)
So yes, thank's a lot for building that incredible machine, and for setting it up plus maintaining it every EF *bows low*

Blue Raptor:
Yes, the fursuiter accomodations were very well set up and useful. Thanks a lot to Mystifur and the entire team. You did a great job, especially in a new place!
And since I know I look ugly in suit anyway, I didn't even mind the absence of the broken mirrors. :)
(actually, I used the glass walls instead)

Axle:

--- Quote from: Mystifur on 04.09.2014, 05:37:17 ---

--- Quote ---Privacy - finding out that from the lift area for my room that I can see right in to the lounge, and that some rooms even look directly in was a bit off-putting for me
--- End quote ---

Heh, I was literally waiting for this one.  ;D
As surpring as it may sound: Yes, even Eurofurence staff realises that glass has a tendency to be see through, and that a roof made of this material will happen to be the same. But unless you want to rent another hall, that is located on the other end of the location, 5 minutes away from rooms, lobby and most importantly stage and dances... you're pretty much out of options against this problem.
We do know that this doesn't make everyone happy. However, as we also know, at this size of event is it impossible to even try to make everyone happy. My team will always go for what makes the most people happy while making the least people unhappy.

You did the right thing:
If you feel uncomfortable inside the lounge, or are concerned about your privacy: Don't use it, and change and refresh in your hotel room. That's prefectly fine and reasonable.

--- End quote ---

I was discussing this issue with people even before I arrived, lightweight drapes hung from the ceiling would easily stop prying eyes. They needn't even be totally opaque, just a fairly sheer fabric that would still allow air flow.

Unfortunately as 'right' as using my room is, being on the 13th (top) floor in Wing 2, the one with all the breaking lifts and the heaviest usage, meant I was very limited in terms of how often and how long I could suit due to this :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version