Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF20 Art Show feedback for artists

<< < (5/5)

Fineas:

--- Quote from: ysegrim on 08.09.2014, 20:11:30 ---Thing is, two thirds of the potential buyers would not need such a box, and might not want to pay for it -- which lowers the revenue for many artists by the price of said box.

Hmm. What could work, though, if one of the sellers in the Dealers' Den would sell such boxes / frames / basically all kind of art supplies. I wonder whether someone would be willing to sell such items for those who might need them ...

--- End quote ---

To be honest. I have been thinking about doing just something like that, if only to supply letter size showcases to everyone (like me) who likes to put their art/prints in a (ring) binder.

They are always in short supply on the convention and the American letter size A4 are impossible to come by in Europe.
I have literally asked a company here in The Netherlands to hunt them down for me and I will give them a commission for finding them.

But back to the point; I was thinking about opening an office supplies shop at EF, however I do not like sitting at a table all day selling paper clips, pens and binders. Not even for (a hefty) profit.

I'm ok with:
- Making and keeping an inventory
- Checking out best sales prices quality etc
- Making the orders and figure out transportation to EF
- Stock and restock a store/table
- Figure out all the money involved (initial investment, tax or transfer to charity, sales report)
- Manning the table for 1 hour a day tops and if possible rather 4x 15 minutes then a full 60 minutes sit
- Keeping the seller company and check out if things are in order just as many times as it takes.

But I just don't want to be tied to a table. EF means freedom for me and the ability to walk around and do useful stuff (especially as a ConOps member) is really gratifying.
And having to do stuff before the con or just walking to this table/store and say hi, restock it or which ever is needed does not diminish that feeling.

So I guess this is a call out:
If you feel you want something like this, I can help you start this up.
However keep in mind; this is not a promise.
If you say yes, that means we are going to figure out what it means, explorer the possibilities, document & agree on the workings, eventually shake hands and try to run this show at EF21.

And for the record, I will not do this as a EF staff/ConOps member without consulting the rest of the staff.
So this might well be a normal dealers table that sells office supplies for profit/charity.

Fafnir Kristensen:

--- Quote from: Fineas on 09.09.2014, 12:14:08 ---They are always in short supply on the convention and the American letter size A4 are impossible to come by in Europe.
I have literally asked a company here in The Netherlands to hunt them down for me and I will give them a commission for finding them.

--- End quote ---
I order them on ebay, but it's kinda sad to pay almost more in shipping cost than for the sheets themselves  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version