Eurofurence Community > Special Interests

Things to do in Berlin in August - Beer

<< < (2/3) > >>

VulpesRex:

--- Quote ---On another note, the abandoned American military base at the top of Teufelsberg is definitely worth a visit!
--- End quote ---

Wait - you can actually visit it?

Of course, since it was decommissioned, it's now private property - and (I thought) no access was allowed by the owners/developers.

And it is somewhat "degraded"; it does make for an appropriately "ghostly" ruin, though!

I'm sure that the view from up there on a good day with binoculars would be fantastic.

Loewi:

--- Quote from: VulpesRex on 02.03.2015, 09:44:57 ---
--- Quote ---On another note, the abandoned American military base at the top of Teufelsberg is definitely worth a visit!
--- End quote ---

Wait - you can actually visit it?

--- End quote ---

http://berliner-teufelsberg.com/web/en/fuhrungen-und-preise/

Fineas:
Cool. Kind of fits the theme, would be cool to do that with a whole lot of EF visitors.

Although it's not really around the corner. It's a 30 minute drive:
Google Maps route - Estrel to Teufelsberg

Cheetor:
wow, that base looks like a really cool place to fly my quadcopter... is that legal in Germany?

pierrot90:
If you have a public transport ticket, you could walk there from S-bahn Heerstrasse.
Besides that, nearby there is also Drachenberg next to Teufelsberg, where a lot of Berliners play with kites or enjoy the panoramic view of Berlin. ;3  (don't forget your binoculars!)

The entrance of the military complex is at the main gate, so don't climb (or cut) your way through the triple fences around the complex. A former American soldier who has worked there will be your tour guide, speaking German & English.
In any way, it is quite a climb up. And you might want to take a bottle of water and some anti-mosquito spray with you. Also, take a flashlight with you; not very necessary, but some parts of the complex has no light.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version