Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Nearby Hotels & Hostels  (Read 44004 times)

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
Nearby Hotels & Hostels
« on: 25.02.2015, 22:19:06 »

None of this is valid any longer.
« Last Edit: 31.12.2022, 06:25:46 by Schakaline »
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: Nearby Hotels & Hostels
« Reply #1 on: 25.02.2015, 22:55:05 »

And if any readers have any good suggestions to share ... please add them to this thread!
yours,

Cheetah

SiranaJHelena

• Sirana J. Helena on Weasyl
« Reply #2 on: 03.03.2015, 01:31:10 »

Motel One, several locations
http://www.motel-one.com/de/hotels/berlin/
There are nine Hotels in Berlin, many of them centraly located (Central Station, Alexanderplatz, and with good public transport connections. Bed numbers and addresses vary just like the price, so please have a look at the URL above for the details.
Although it's called "Motel" it's actually a normal Hotel with modern standards, not like the Motels you might know from American crime series. ;)
I didn't used one yet but the Hotels from this Hotel chains was already recommended to me.
I'm in ur quantm box... maybe...

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #3 on: 03.03.2015, 02:43:08 »

The problem with being "centrally located" in Berlin of course is that it still could mean a 30-minute trek to the Estrel each way.  8)

But speaking of location, there's the A&O Hostel Ostkreuz ( http://www.aohostels.com/en/berlin/berlin-friedrichshain/ ) which is just two stops away on the S41/S42, or for the slightly better off, the 4-star Mercure Tempelhof Airport ( http://www.mercure.com/de/hotel-1894-mercure-hotel-berlin-tempelhof-airport/index.shtml ) which is still doable by a combination of trips on the S41 and U8.... but I'm afraid that's about it for relatively easy to reach accomodation. Everything else is at least 15 to 20 minutes away by public transport, and the stuff that is within walking distance has been covered above already.
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

SiranaJHelena

• Sirana J. Helena on Weasyl
« Reply #4 on: 03.03.2015, 14:07:44 »

I apologize for not mentioning that. As someone who lives in Berlin I'm used to calling a trip from 30 minutes "fast", so I didn't think of it. My bad.

Before you book a room in one of these Motels make sure that the travelling route to the Estrel is comfortable for you, especially if you need to carry stuff to or from the convention. The average public transport travel time from Point A to Point B in Berlin is between 30-60 minutes, depending on the exact location and the kind of vehicle available (Underground is much faster but maybe a few minutes further away than the Bus stop etc.) In my experience you usually have to change trains 0-2 times per route though this varies of course.
On every Motel One page is a tab named "Location & surrounding area". On the left side you can find the stations and bus stops near the hotel. Click on "Berlin public transportation" to get to this official journey planner: http://www.bvg.de/en and check if the route suits you. Also check it for a travel time at 2 am to make sure you aren't stuck at the Estrel at night. :)

If you go by car use the address on the front page of the Motel and your favorite navigation system. :)
« Last Edit: 04.03.2015, 15:10:20 by SiranaJHelena »
I'm in ur quantm box... maybe...

Ralphie Raccoon

« Reply #5 on: 11.03.2015, 11:57:44 »

motelplus Berlin, Silbersteinstraße 30

http://motelplus-berlin.de/en/

A little further away than the 2A, but still within walking distance. Rooms are cheap by the looks of things. Walk or get S-bahn from Hermannstraße or Neukölln.

OmniSable

• MUSTELID! 83
« Reply #6 on: 31.05.2015, 13:25:55 »

I've booked Britz Hotel on Bürgerstraße 42 for a couple of days before the con. Seems to be pretty close to Estrel.

And yeah, stayed there (they gave me a deluxe room cuz they didn't have any standard ones atm XD), 50 Euros/Night with breakfast. Totally fine, especially if you come only to sleep.
« Last Edit: 09.12.2015, 11:12:17 by OmniSable »
Enjoy the moment, yet keep going.

https://twitter.com/OmniSable

gummi_bjorn

• Video Team
    • my fa
« Reply #7 on: 22.06.2015, 19:57:57 »

i booked a room at park hotel blub its only 2,8 kilometres from the estrel and taxi travel costs les than 10€ each way.
its is not the cheapest hotel but still a lot cheaper than the estrel. and if you like me drive yourself parking is a lot cheaper, so much cheaper as to pay about 60% of daily taxi costs.
and if theres others staying there we might share a taxi when our plans fit.

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #8 on: 22.06.2015, 20:49:43 »

i booked a room at park hotel blub its only 2,8 kilometres from the estrel and taxi travel costs les than 10€ each way.

Or use public transport, bus 171 from Franz-Körner-Str. (which is South of the Parkhotel Blub), direction Hermannplatz to S+U Neukölln, then one station with the S42 train to Sonnenallee. Back: S41 train to S+U Neukölln, bus 171 direction "Flughafen Schönefeld Airport" to Franz-Körner-Str.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

gummi_bjorn

• Video Team
    • my fa
« Reply #9 on: 22.06.2015, 21:03:50 »

hi o'wolf.
thanks a lot for the bus instructions.
its great to be able to draw on the expertise of locals.
can you also tell me about the possibilities of parking at the berlin zoo as i'm thinking of going there either before or after the con.
i almost have to use the oportunity to see the parents of my great grey owl (bartkautz in german i believe)
he was hatched in berlin zoo two years ago and i have been wanting to go there since i got him.
thanks a lot in advance.

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #10 on: 22.06.2015, 21:12:35 »

Or use public transport, bus 171 from Franz-Körner-Str. (which is South of the Parkhotel Blub), direction Hermannplatz to S+U Neukölln, then one station with the S42 train to Sonnenallee. Back: S41 train to S+U Neukölln, bus 171 direction "Flughafen Schönefeld Airport" to Franz-Körner-Str.

Oh, never mind the S41/S42, I totally forgot that the 171 bus drives directly to Sonnenallee (thank you doco for reminding me). It may take longer than the train during peak hours, though.

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #11 on: 22.06.2015, 21:19:22 »

its great to be able to draw on the expertise of locals.

I'm not local, otherwise I would not have suggested public transport. I just like to visit big cities. ;-)

can you also tell me about the possibilities of parking at the berlin zoo as i'm thinking of going there either before or after the con.

I'm sorry, I haven't been there yet. In general, parking in Berlin is a bit of an adventure (like every major city.) Personally, I'd avoid driving a car in Berlin as the public transport is generally quite good — don't pay attention to the bickering of the locals.

gummi_bjorn

• Video Team
    • my fa
« Reply #12 on: 22.06.2015, 21:21:48 »

ok thanks i think you just answered my guestion in the best way possible.
drop the car at the hotel and take the bus.. *LOL*

MrEvers

• The dandy Belgian fox
    • FurryFandom.be
« Reply #13 on: 23.06.2015, 12:56:23 »

taxi travel costs les than 10€ each way

I looked up some companies that rent bikes, and some offer bikes for 50 € /week. Unless you're suiting, it seems a very good option, also for visiting the city itself.
FurryFandom.be

SouthPaw

« Reply #14 on: 07.07.2015, 02:57:11 »

A little late to the party, but breakfast is not included in the room rate for the Park Hotel Blub. Their website is somewhat misleading on that front, as they quote a rate that says it includes breakfast on the tariff page, but when you click through to book it turns out that it's actually charged at 12€ per person per night.
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up