Eurofurence Information > Programming

Polyglot Corner. Or simply, a meetup of language enthusiasts.

(1/7) > >>

OmniSable:
I was thinking about making a simple even where we can just come and talk about languages and how to learn them.

Like, we just discuss the interesting facts about each other's languages, give tips to learners on how we learned languages and what the efficient ways of learning them are, etc. It's not gonna be a lecture or whatever - just a discussion room with a blackboard/whiteboard/flipchart/whatever.

What do you think?

Ralesk:
This is right up my alley :3

I speak Hungarian and English; and to lesser extent German and Dutch.  I'm very rusty about technical terms in linguistics though...

Fineas:
Sounds cool.

My primairy language is: Dutch
And I speak German and English

I would be interested in such an event to see if I can improve learning non-native languages.

OmniSable:
Just to clarify. I call it "Polyglot Corner" just for fanciness. You don't have to speak a gazillion of languages to come. Even if you speak one, come nevertheless, this event might be useful for your studies of a foreign language. Even if you still don't know what language to pick for learning, - EF is very multinational, and it is probable that this event will be attended by people speaking many languages. So, collecting trivia will ease your choice. 8)

Ah, it's nice to see that you're interested! I guess I'll try to let Akula know and register the event.

I myself speak Russian, English, Spanish (on an awkward level, IMHO) and trying to learn German (a total beginner right now).

Sithy:
Ooh yes if I have time I'd love to drop by for this! I speak Dutch, English, German and French and I'd love to improve my Russian :)

I don't have much to offer in terms of entertainment though I could bring my Egyptian/Hieroglyph books and write (draw) some phrases xD I also love sci-fi so would talk about that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version