Off Topic > General Furry Talk

Getting it wrong: the "what species is this fur?" guessing game

<< < (3/6) > >>

Pan:
I get mistaken for an armadillo or a lizard or a dinosaur when in reality I am a Pangolin

It was frustrating at first but now I just accept it because very few furs know or have even heard of pangolins.

meo:
I think the more a species and their anatomy are unknown (for example the easy difference between a cheetah and a leopard are the "Spots" and most clearly the weep-strip) the easier it gets to get confused. I for one thought Masada is a snowleopard at first sight (he is just a white cheetah).

A help could be this Badges with a species be (like these for example https://www.furaffinity.net/view/14380193/)

Danwolf:
Bleh. Anyone...If you're getting called as an another species,just shrug it off or laugh :D Don't be sad or ashamed. I've been called a ferret,a dog and a goat soo far in my wolf fursuit xD

KyuubiSaoirse:

--- Quote from: Danwolf on 19.06.2015, 22:09:37 ---Bleh. Anyone...If you're getting called as an another species,just shrug it off or laugh :D Don't be sad or ashamed. I've been called a ferret,a dog and a goat soo far in my wolf fursuit xD

--- End quote ---

A wolf mistaken for a goat?? Really??? Omg xD

So far I've been lucky enough that no-one's been wrong. Then again - Kyuubi (fromNaruto) is so well-known that people already know he's a fox, and others have guessed correctly based off of his orange color even though his muzzle is more dog-like in its appearance on my suit.

And well... Saoirse's still in the makng to get ready for Eurofurence, but she's got the typical tiger markings, so I don't think anybody will have problems recognizing her species - they certainly didn't, last year, when I only wore her paws, tail and ears! :D (It's the head I'm working on now - you'll get a lil' picture here of my WIP ;) )

Carbine:
Recently on a suitwalk I was identified as a cat by a bystander. OK if people think that I'm a wolf or fox but a cat? Really?

In a more personal atmosphere:

Grandma: "I washed your t-shirt with the rabbit on it"
Me: "T-shirt with a rabbit? I don't have a t-shirt with a rabbit"
*Sees her holding Eurofurence 20 shirt.

--- Quote from: Fineas on 30.05.2015, 10:38:41 ---Another situation. On last years EF if I remember correctly:
I encountered a fire red fursuiter which was very tall (and for the danger they might and will recognize me here). I like his fursuit and thought about taking a picture.
So I called out his species, long ears, small muzzle, cute face. "BUNNY!"
And... I was wrong. He pointed at his badge and said he was a squirel. He looked very heartbroken and from his demeanor I guessed it was far from the first time that happened.
I apologized and got permission for a picture. Apologized some more, but I guess that damage was already done. He wasn't to happy when he walked off.
I really felt bad about it and it didn't easily leave me.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you ran into Knibblez :D?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version