Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Economic Impact

<< < (4/6) > >>

o'wolf:

--- Quote from: Ralesk on 31.08.2015, 15:45:47 ---On topic though, I'd be curious about our impact to nearby supermarkets and food places.
--- End quote ---

The guy at the register of the E-Reichelt told me that they sold enormous amounts of alcohol that week, so yes: we are making an impact, albeit one that we shouldn't be too proud of.

Bostitch:

--- Quote from: o'wolf on 31.08.2015, 17:57:16 ---The guy at the register of the E-Reichelt told me that they sold enormous amounts of alcohol that week, so yes: we are making an impact, albeit one that we shouldn't be too proud of.

--- End quote ---
All that alcohol, and how many fights broke out? How many counts of vandalism?
I think we're doing just fine.

Jorinda:

--- Quote from: MrEvers on 27.08.2015, 14:53:04 ---
--- Quote from: Z.G.I.F on 26.08.2015, 21:07:50 ---
--- Quote from: Jorinda on 24.08.2015, 16:20:40 ---We certainly improved the business of King Doener.  ;D

--- End quote ---
Don't forget Louis

--- End quote ---
If the man survived us. He looked like he could collapse when we invaded the place.

--- End quote ---

But the waiters had fun. They asked us to stand up and show our tails, and (jokingly) scolded our group for not having enough fluffy tails.

Zefiro:
Three of us were at Louis Monday evening, probably the last ones. The waitress begged us that we'd place flyers at the hotel and instruct people to order when they started their walk there, and reserve a table. They were apparently totally flooded :)
Perhaps they should hire a waiter which they position directly at the hotel for this. Like the local bank placed their mobile money dispenser "Zaster Laster" next to the front door (which, btw, I think was a really cool thing)

Economic impact, indeed I think we're quite an impressive group from where we came from, but being in the capital of one of Europes wealthiest nations, with the Estrel alone having events like ours (at least in size) on a regular basis - I doubt that we'll make a noticeable impact on the financial side. Though I sure hope we do on the "bringing fun and joy to the people" side :)

*purrrr*

o'wolf:

--- Quote from: Zefiro on 06.09.2015, 22:04:07 ---Economic impact, indeed I think we're quite an impressive group from where we came from, but being in the capital of one of Europes wealthiest nations, with the Estrel alone having events like ours (at least in size) on a regular basis - I doubt that we'll make a noticeable impact on the financial side.
--- End quote ---

Though most other (business) conventions and events book full catering and their attendees rarely leave the location. Especially considering the notorious neighbourhood and the many choices of the excellent Estrel gastronomy. I'm sure we're leaving a recognizable footprint in Neukölln. Obviously, looking at Berlin at large, our economic impact is very small.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version