Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Feedback 2015

<< < (4/21) > >>

Tillikum:

--- Quote from: Ragear on 23.08.2015, 21:26:57 ---
Only little comment about EF prime: The transmitting/ streaming team needs some sort of feedback about what arrives in the room ... there seemed to have been a loose connector somewhere so transmission was sketchy at times. And when you stream sth with voice: please turn down the background

--- End quote ---

That was indeed a problem that was beyond our control. Apparently some of the distributor-units in the hotel where faulty and the company that installed them couldn't find the faulty units. This, for example, lead to the problem that the entire Wing 3 couldn't watch it. This should be resolved by EF22.

As for the background music issue. I guess you are refering to Enter the Arena - this took a while longer until we actually got feedback from you guys since we can't monitor the stream-audio during live shows.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rishary:
I had already written a report here:

https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,6541.0.html so feel free to merge if you want.

Overall it was an incredible experience, here are some nitpicks though:

The setup for the dance contest was far from optimal and many people could not see anything beyond the head of the dancers. The screen didn't really help. Perhaps an elevated stage?
While the fursuit games were fun some games and judging criteria were on the weak side.

djem:
Overall I had a really great time at EF, had a blast Djing at the Fursuit Friendly dance ( 22h30 to 00h00 was me :) ) and finaly able to bring some lasers ! :D Hope you enjoyed all.

I would just like to point out a few things :

- I had no EF Prime at all in Wing 3 floor 2, nothing at all :p

- I tryed 2 days in a raw to enter the fursuit photoshoot, and turned out the queu was insane. Maybee having a second stage for photo to double the amount of people able to take part would help a lot ?

- While I like enter the arena in the center of the room, having dancers on floor level made it hard to see if you waren't on the first 4 rows :) I saw people standing on there chairs to be able to watch. Moving it on stage or on podest would help a lot :)

- Moving the dead dog party back to Paris ? Having it in the club stage was nice, but made it far to reach with nothing in between the lobby and that room. Seems like people where all over the place with nothing really going on :)

Ralphie Raccoon:
Overall I think the con was very well managed (even if I didn't manage myself very well!) but I do have a few ideas for improvements:

* Room Access - If it is legally possible, can we please get the all the staircase doors unlocked, so we aren't forced to use the lifts? This would also allow those who need the lifts more (suiters and those with luggage) to use them without having to wait so long. Would also be some handy exercise!
* Sponsor Goodies - I think you need a new sticker supplier, the adhesive on mine wasn't very good, and I couldn't get it to stick to my plastic case. Also I missed picking up my sponsor pin, but that was probably my fault.
* EF Prime stream - I think the addition of a simple 24h clock to the banner would be a plus. It's difficult to keep track of time when you're in suit, so being able to see the time in as many locations as possible is very helpful. You could also include the "delays and reschedules" in the feed as a sort of ident that appears every 2 minutes or so, and perhaps some other idents displaying official announcements and such.
* Photoshoot - Better communication with the queue so people don't leave empty handed after waiting 30+ minutes. Having two separate lines for 10 and 20 minute slots would probably help with this, and perhaps some sort of "slots remaining" counter (manual or electronic) so furs who have no hope of getting a slot don't queue up and waste their time. It might be worth having separate quotas for 10 and 20 minute slots, and alternating between the lines. If the 20 minute line is empty and the quota not full, then the slot(s) can be split and taken by 2 furs in the 10 minute line, and vice versa.
* Fursuit Lounge - More Pegs Plz! :P (Mystifur already knows about that one). Also, if some insulated ice buckets could be left out, so furs could add their own ice to their drinks. Finally, there needs to be a equal number of tables for heads and paws/feet, the latter was almost always fully occupied as there was only one of them, so the rules were bent and the heads tables used instead.
That's it for now. I'll edit it if I think of any more. But overall, great job guys!

Cheetah:

--- Quote from: ANTIcarrot on 25.08.2015, 02:33:57 ---This was my 14th consecutive Eurofurence, and I have every intention of coming back next year. For all the things that go wrong, and that I might complain and whine about provide useful feedback on, that fact there is probably the most important one one of all.

--- End quote ---

I'm glad to hear that ... I'll give a little information regarding the things I know of.

--- Quote ---It was a bad idea to put the artists lounge into a room which shared lighting conditions with the room which hosted the non-DOPE pawpet show. The moment they started, any one trying to use the artists lounge was plunged into darkness. Quite frankly this was a disrespectful thing to do to the artists contingent.
--- End quote ---

It was in the first place an accident ... we didn't know you could not switch the lights individually until, well, we found out that very moment.

--- Quote ---During the 12PM Thursday SIG in room 3, I arrived a few minutes late to find the door was locked. After several other people joined me, I went to security who assured me that the door was not locked. [...] If this is a characteristic of the function room doors, even when they are booked and paid for, then convention security should probably know about it. Otherwise please ask the hotel to exercise a little more care when configuring the room locks for next year.

--- End quote ---

That was also certainly not intended. The thing is, the doors are fire escape doors, so they ALWAYS open from the inside. So you can have doors that are technically locked, but open. As soon as they snap shut, you can only open them from the inside. So someone must accidently locked the door, but not closed it, and since there is no indication wether its locked or not as long as it's open, the conops person in question must have thought it's open. We'll have to double check next time. When in doubt ... nobody will hold it against you if you knock.

--- Quote ---Travel:
I haven't actually looked at the travel section of the EF website for several years. Having just checked I was very surprised to see we don't seem to have one. ???

--- End quote ---

Then check again, because we actually have one :) -> http://www.eurofurence.org/EF21/hotel/travel

... and frequent Updates in the Forum :) -> https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,6344.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version