Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Feedback 2015

<< < (19/21) > >>

Subius:

--- Quote from: Sheena-Tiger on 27.08.2015, 07:57:31 ---
--- Quote from: SouthPaw on 27.08.2015, 03:16:27 ---[*]Badge Holders : To save having to punch holes in all the badges (which must take hours with other 2100 badges to print and punch), how about trialling the use of badge holders for next year? They could also be double-sided so folks can put their room key on the other side. Obviously this has a financial implication, and experience says that con budgets tend to run pretty close to the wire, but it's a thought.

--- End quote ---

I somehow doubt this will be considered all to much, not really thanks to the money-issue but take a look at your badge.
It has the same information on both sides so even if it flips around, and badges do that a lot, it always can be identified.
Uncle Kage mentions this even in some of his speeches as improvement he could not think of after being asked to do something against this issue of turning badges and EF introduced this solution the same year.

As Security doing duty at doors as well, it helped a great deal, especially at the Dealers Den.
You see attendees closing in, likely wanting to enter.
With your solution, we would have to stop most people just to have them turn their badge holder around, making the next people wait.
Without, you can already search for the badge, identify the design and colors on a distance and just let the person in.

So no... as Seccie I would clearly vote against that idea as it would make our work a bit more annoying for attendees.[/list]

--- End quote ---

Yes I agree with you, that would make our work really heavy/irritating :)

Carenath:

--- Quote from: Fafnir Kristensen on 27.08.2015, 22:17:30 ---btw, did I miss the elevators tweets or were they speechless this year?
at least only one freaked out, but probably more of physical exhaustion than mental breakdown ;)

--- End quote ---
That was one of the two elevators that sounded like it was hitting off things half-way up the shaft. Plenty of rounds of Elevator-Tetris though throughout the con.

Schorse:
I did forget to mention this:
On Sunday, there were a lot of new guests coming in or visiting the Estrel shows. So I wonder, if we would have kept the charity booth up in the lobby, maybe we would have caught their attention as well. And their money, of course. ;D
But from what I've heard, we did get a lot of money on the last day anyways.

SweaWolf:
had an awesome time during the con and most stuff worked well and smooth, have only been at eurofurence twice but this time feelt mutch better due to the bigger space and the bigger fursuit lounch place. Loved the lacershow on the dancefloor and the waterboys walking around asking if everything was ok while suiting :)

But some stuff that caught my mind during the con was...

Roomkeeping, do they realy need to try and come in to clean like 4-5times during the morning and do they realy need to have first one girl checking the minibar then one that comes later to do the cleaning?

smooking, is there any possibility to make a smoking square or something a bit away from the entre to the hotell and maybe have a no smoking area closest to the entre? Many times during suiting it´s nice to go outside to get some fresh air but it´s impossible during ef becorse people (alot of them) standing 1meter away from the doors smoking. Many times I even felt the smoke while walking close to the doors inside the hotel :/

dealers den, why can you not have your own plasticbag with you into the dealer den? security sad it´s becorse stealing but 2min efter I went inside I got a plastic bag after I made my first buy so why could I not have my own from the beginning?

So no biggies but that was what come to my mind, keep up the good work and se you al next year :)

rajak:

--- Quote from: SweaWolf on 28.08.2015, 18:09:46 --- efter I went inside I got a plastic bag after I made my first buy so why could I not have my own from the beginning?

--- End quote ---

WWHHHAAATTT???? you walk in the dealers den with a plastic bag??? shame on you^^ you need to bring away everytime you got a plastic bag, the plastig bag to the storage place XD

yeah i was wondering, too why we need to gave the bags and such thing away...i mean when you are at the dealers den and buy something and want then look fast if your bid at the auction is still in the race, you need to give the bag away, run back to the artist show, then again to the dealers den... luckly i put the bag behind the sigh at the artist show so i don´t need to give it away. would i everytime i run from dealers den to the artshow, give away my bag, i would have at the end of the day 10 bags...^^

yeah sorry for my bad englisch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version