Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Feedback 2015

<< < (20/21) > >>

Amy Ninetails:

--- Quote from: Leophan on 27.08.2015, 14:53:53 ---I had almost only positive experiences with hotel staff, and only one I feel like mentioning. At the Biergarden BBQ the food was really good, and the price was good, but the service... The two cooks who stood there were not welcoming. The sign made it look like you could choose one meat item, but it was apprently two. But now free choice, and if you asked for something wrong, or tried to take something wrong you got yelled at. Sometimes they would also just give you something and the get mad at you if it wasn't what you wanted.

--- End quote ---

Oh god yes! they advertized it as a buffé but when you get there you only get to choose from TWO items that were listed in the buffet menu. So your choices were steak, chicken breast, sausage and/or halloumi. You had to choose two of these and if you did not understand this, the chef behind the grill severely yelled at you (while the big writing on the glass window of the pavillion said buffet)

--- Quote from: mathew.jeffries on 27.08.2015, 21:58:42 ---* Alternative hardstyle/hardcore dance: keep it! it was really nice to bounce back and forth between the dances and styles, did that till the early morning =)
Thx for the great time!

--- End quote ---

You are very welcome! Hopefully we can arrange that for next year and hopefully we can get a room that is easier to find to and NOT hidden behind the open stage like this year. Secondly, the stairs leading down to that room were badly lit and the ramp was not lit at all, people DID actually injure them selves due to this fact. Great help from all the staff and people who helped get the room ready for dancing, even though that should have been done in the pause between events in that room even if the closing ceremony was in between slots.

In short:
-better visibility of the room
-better visibility of stairs and rapms is a MUST!!!
-dedicated staff for setup in said room

Thanks again to everyone who made it possible, especially Taiku who brought their DJ equipment.
The mixes were recorded so that you can listen to them again, will edit with the link to Taiku's mix if/when he uploads it!
www.mixcloud.com/tigrisdj

--- Quote from: SweaWolf on 28.08.2015, 18:09:46 ---smoking, is there any possibility to make a smoking square or something a bit away from the entrance to the hotel and maybe have a no smoking area closest to the entrance? Many times during suiting it´s nice to go outside to get some fresh air but it´s impossible during EF because people (a lot of them) standing 1 meter away from the doors smoking. Many times I even felt the smoke while walking close to the doors inside the hotel :/

--- End quote ---

YES! this is a huge issue for me as a transgender person whose medication can cause blood clotting from second hand smoking. I could feel the smoke scent while sitting at the bar table nearest the plants along the normal trafficated path in the lobby and that should not be able to occur! There really has to be some other way than to have all smoking occur right outside the hotel entrance, please look in to this.

karpour:

--- Quote from: Schorse on 28.08.2015, 11:55:04 ---I did forget to mention this:
On Sunday, there were a lot of new guests coming in or visiting the Estrel shows. So I wonder, if we would have kept the charity booth up in the lobby, maybe we would have caught their attention as well. And their money, of course. ;D
But from what I've heard, we did get a lot of money on the last day anyways.

--- End quote ---

Personally I'd love to have the charity booth up on Sunday, but we have to make sure that everything is ready to be put into storage, so by noon we have to have everything packed. Also, asking people who visit a show to donate might not be the best idea! During the con we got some donations from people who were not affiliated with the fandom because they could actually see what the charity was for and came to us, but on the last day there is no real context, and we wouldn't want to bother people.

Anyway, we're absolutely going to discuss options for providing some sort of charity programming on Sunday. Some of you might've seen the tables where the charity booth was on Sunday, where you could get sketches by artists, sign a charity shirt and see card tricks for small donations! Since people liked it a lot, we'll definitely try to offer charity activities on Sunday again! :)

CleanerWolf:
First of all, EF21 was a total BLAST! An epic experience, being together with awesome people, sharing awesome moments.

The event highlight was definately the Bandthro Concert, no superlatives can describe how awesome it was! Also the "Rhubarb & Cosmik Show" and the Charity Concert were very entertaining. Where can I sign a petition to bring Rhubarb and Cosmik to EF22 again?

The 80s dance was THE party highlight for me this year! A BIG thanx to everybody who made this possible! I liked the variety of music styles from synthpop to hardrock.
For me this evening was not so much back to the 80s, it was more like back to EF12-15, where the dances gave me intense feelings of being together with a big family.
Same thing with the fursuit friendly dance - again very enjoyable music and a big room full of cute critters. I loved it!

In addition to those events I had a variety of nice emotional moments together with some really friendly people.

From what I noticed, the security did an incredible job this year, acting very professional.

--- Quote from: djem on 25.08.2015, 13:42:29 ---Overall I had a really great time at EF, had a blast Djing at the Fursuit Friendly dance ( 22h30 to 00h00 was me :) ) and finaly able to bring some lasers ! :D Hope you enjoyed all.

--- End quote ---
I really enjoyed your set, it was like another 80s dance and the lasers were really eye-popping, thank you so much for it!

karpour:
Time for my feedback! :)

I'll start with the biggest improvement from last year:

Artist lounge
Last year it was tiny, split in 2 rooms on different ends of the hotel and stuffy.
This year.. WOW! The amount of artists there was amazing, there was always something going on and it was the best place for socializing. The light was great, and I think considering how packed it was, maybe next year there can be a few more tables?
The light situation with the PPS was unfortunate, but I didn't mind that because otherwise the artist lounge was amazing :D

Breakfast Buffet
Clearly one of the highlights every day! Super tasty as usual!
What could improve is maybe putting some more boxes with forks and knives around so people can get that stuff themselves, also I would be perfectly fine with carrying my plates to a point to lessen the workload of the waiters and make the table free for the next people!

Main stage
Absolutely great design, spacious and what a load of lasers!

80s Dance
I liked it! The only improvement tips I could offer is using some more lights as at times it was very very dark on the dancefloor, making it really hard to see anything in suit. And play more actual 80s stuff rather than modern remixes (especially next year!)

Fursuit Lounge
Well, what can I say.. it was amazing as usual and great to see that everyone really made good use of it! The second small lounge was a great addition as well!

Closing ceremonies
I loved that Rosi could be kind-of there after all :)

Everyone who donated to charity!
You guys are awesome, it was great to see how many people were willing to help out Wildtierhilfe Fiel :D

ConOps
I think without conops EF would just burst into flames, thanks guys for always helping out everyone!

Lobby decoration
The banners looked great! Things like these always make the whole ambiance a bit nicer. Just like the disco ball back in the Maritim. :)

Big Blue Dance
This was hands down my favorite Big Blue Dance ever! :D I pretty much loved every single track and the whole awesome mood on the dance floor!

Fursuit Photoshoot
Everything went super smooth, looking forward to see the photos :D

Conbook
Pretty!

Shane:
I find personally the Eurofurence, better than the last year. However, this is due only, because I have now a Suit.

I find to compare the last and these Eurofurence, substantially worse.

I find the subject of the Eurofurence 21 Personally better, but what was made from it.

Last year there was police cars and a lot to the subject Crime Scene Berlin.

This year there was some cardboard cutout , it was a canvas  this.

The Pawpet show of the last year would well have fitted to this year.

This year there was "None " Pawpet show, there was no Orchesta for the Fursuit parade.

Everything anyhow less.

Translated by abacho.de

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version