Hello dear attendee!
Due to the large increase in attendance, the Eurofurence security team has vacant positions for new recruits!
Our teams main responsibilities are:
* Enforcing convention and venue policies
* Establishing and operating checkpoints at key areas
* Crowd control and risk assessment
* Enforcing fire and safety regulations
* Assisting the paramedic teams
* Evacuation procedures
At the convention we have a certain amount of fixed 1-hour guard duty slots at checkpoints or for events. These shifts are shared among the whole team. The resulting duty-schedule will be created together with you and always with respect to your personal wishes and interests. This means we are usually capable of scheduling your shifts without any colliding events that you want to see or take part in yourself. The desired average workload of scheduled shifts for each security member is around 20 hours over the course of the entire convention.
Outside of scheduled guard-shifts our members are on-duty 24/7, but they can sign off temporarily whenever they want to drink alcohol, have private time or just go to sleep. "On-duty" means that our members take part in the convention/walk around and do whatever they want, except drinking alcohol. We expect every security member on-duty to answer attendee questions, assist our guests in every way possible and to keep an eye open for potential problems. Also on-duty members can be summoned via radio to deal with incidents or emergencies at any time.
Please understand that our team fulfills a highly responsible and demanding task. Security duty at a major convention is a full-time job and best suited for those that enjoy working at the con more than taking part in individual events. If you just want to help the con operational wise for a few hours, you might want to apply for a ConOps position instead.
We understand our duty to help and protect our guests and therefore we consider security to be an essential service to our attendees. We expect friendly and polite behaviour in any situation. Security is there to make our guests feel safe, not to intimidate them.
Due to the immense responsibility of our department, the Eurofurence security team is organised in a professional manner and has a higher demand on its members than other departments. The basic requirements for every applicant are:
* Sufficient fluency in English to communicate with attendees. Actual fluency in English, German or another language is a plus.
* Ability and willingness to cover at least twelve scheduled 1-hour slots during the convention.
* Ability and willingness to stay on duty for most of the day, every day.
* No tasks in other teams during the convention. (setup or teardown are usually okay)
* Punctuality, reliability, and ability to work independently within given rules.
* A generally calm, level-headed and polite demeanour with a ”drama-free" reputation.
* Responsible and respectable behaviour, even in light of a personal conflict of interests.
Every applicant will be contacted via voice chat for a quick and formless interview, to give them the chance to ask questions and to give us and the applicant the chance to get to know each other.Please do not be worried by this application-process. We are a really friendly bunch of people and we only do all this hassle, because we need to make sure that our team works as one big family. As a result, you can have loads of fun and get to know new people by the hour.
Worried that you won't fit the team? Don't be shy and just write us an e-mail. We'll gladly help you decide if our team would be the right choice for you. :3
If you have any questions or if you would like to apply, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org