Musicians wanted!

<< < (6/7) > >>

Jumpy:
Termin für das Probenwochenende steht fest:

Freitag 29.07. abend bis Sonntag, 31.07. nachmittag

Anreise am Freitag ist möglich ab 18:00 Uhr bis open end
Abreise am Sonntag spätestens 20:00 Uhr

Adressinfo schicke ich Euch per PM.

Vielen Dank an Kris Husky, der diesen Termin "trotzdem" möglich gemacht hat.

Jumpy:
Hi!

We should get to work on our set list and decide who will play which instrument on what songs.

Billie Jean:

I've prepared a lead sheet for "Billie Jean" and uploaded it.

On that one, I'd like to take the bass, but unfortunately that means I won't be able to sing second voice.

Kris, you okay with doing guitar? Lots of funny muted guitar :)

Vakur, keyboards? I can provide pretty good sounds (close anyway) on my Roland XV1080, have a rough setup already.

The Longest Time:

I'm actually not sure if we can pull this off. It has a few too many voices and leaving any out will sound bad. I can take either of the three background voices although the highest won't sound so good.

How experienced are you guys as singers? What's your voice range?

If we do it at all, I think I should be singing, not playing bass, so that would leave Kris with the bass.

The other songs

Could you upload them please? I haven't even heard some of them, and there isn't terribly much time left to practice for me.

Also, I won't have time to prepare lead sheets for everything. Going to do Sweet Child of Mine, Invisible Touch, then Hold on Tight to your Dreams next. On all those I'd suggest this setup:

Eisfuchs - Lead Vocals, Drums
Kris - Guitar
Vakur - Keyboards
me - bass

other stuff

Vakur told me he can only arrive at the rehearsal on Saturday, but I'm suggesting that we others start on Friday evening anyway - more time to practice together and we'll definitely need to get some feel for playing together.

Jumpy:
Oh! Another song that we might do.

"Was soll das" by Grönemeyer. Hey, it was even in the U.S. charts, and it's from 1988.

Kris Husky:
Got another famous song:

Moskau by Dschingis Khan. They were internationally active in the 70's and 80's. And still are today. Easy song.

Am trying my best to get sweet child o'mine right on guitar. (f*** you, slash, you bastard...).

"Hit me with your best shot"... the solo is almost killing my fingers. Gotta see if I can make that one work.
"I was made for loving you"... Only hard part is the solo as well. But I think I can work that one out.

The Riddle works good. working on Invisible Touch as well. Glad it has no hard patterns. Purple rain has some mean parts. practicing on them.
Summer of 69 works fine.

Haven't started on "Hold on Tight" yet, but will do this week.

UPDATE

We got the stage from 5pm to 7pm fixed.

Jumpy:
Sounds good!

--- Quote from: Kris Husky on 05.07.2016, 23:35:36 ---working on Invisible Touch as well. Glad it has no hard patterns.

--- End quote ---

Are we doing this one in Eb like they do on the live version recording I uploaded or in F (original key on CD when it came out)? It might be a little easier on Eisfuch's voice if we do Eb.

Could you all please upload the missing songs to the hidrive so we all have the same versions?

So far the hidrive has sheets and recordings for
- Billie Jean in F#m
- Eye of the Tiger in Cm
- Longest Time in Eb
- Was soll das in A
- Sweet Child of Mine in C#

I'm going to try and prepare a few more today. Okay, I'm done for the day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version