Hello, dear attendee!
We're happy to welcome you to Eurofurence this year.
Our convention keeps growing significantly and we're glad to see even more happy faces each year. However, as the attendance continues to grow, we are looking for additional volunteers for our Security Team to make sure we can provide our guests with the high level of service we've established over the last 20 years.
If you're interested in volunteering at Eurofurence, now is a good time to become a member of the Security Team. You'll get to see how this convention works behind the scenes, meet a lot of people and help making community events like Eurofurence possible at all. What's not to love?
All members of Security are Furries themselves and want to enjoy Eurofurence as much as you do. We're making sure there is plenty of time to take part in the convention -- it's supposed to be a vacation, after all.
Over the years, we established a balance between fun and professionalism that is working out very well.
Your job will be to make the convention safe and enjoyable for our guests. We provide a lot more than a typical bouncer: we care about our guests and strife to make them feel welcome. A polite and friendly demeanour is an absolute must at all times. Also, you'll need to bring the following:
- Sufficient fluency in English to communicate with our attendees. Fluency in German or other languages is a plus.
- Willingness to work at least twelve 1-hour timeslots during the whole convention. There is a variety of duties to take on: Camp Fire, Art Show, Queue Control, Locker Service, Dances and many more require different services our team provides. We will develop your duty schedule according to your individual preferences and make sure it's not colliding with any event you want to attend.
- Willingness to carry a handheld radio on your belt and be on standby during your off-duty time, but only for as long as you like. You can sign off, put your radio away and go have a drink at any time.
- Punctuality and reliability. We need to be sure you will show up to your assigned duties.
- Willingness to go through an online course regarding Security Basics and the Rules of Conduct. It won't take too long and is actually interesting. You could even learn something useful for everyday life.
- Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement according to German data protection laws. During your duty, you might need to handle sensitive data, for example a government-issued identity card. We take the privacy and personal data of our attendees very serious. This is where the "fun" part ends and the "professionalism" part begins.
- A responsible and respectable behaviour - even in a situation with conflict of interests - and a drama-free reputation.
- No tasks in other teams during the convention besides setup and teardown. We don't want to burn anyone out.
You will be provided with everything you'll need for your duties. We will not just thrust a radio into your hands and throw you to the wolves, you will get training and personal coaching. No-one works alone during their shifts and you can contact your Team Leader or Dispatch (yes, we have a whole dispatching system, custom software and all - you'll love it) at any time. After your first year, we offer advanced training that can bring you at the same level as a professional Security officer, so you'll be able to lead your own team or checkpoint.
We will conduct a short voice-chat with you to get to know you a bit. Don't worry, this is not an interrogation, but a personal chat between you and two other people from the Security Team to make sure we're on the same page about any questions you might have.
Are you interested in joining the Security Team? Please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, we will get back to you shortly. Thank you for taking the time to read this, we're looking forward to hear from you!