Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF24 The elevator drama

<< < (5/5)

timoran:

--- Quote from: o'wolf on 29.08.2018, 22:15:04 ---
* Berlin regulations AFAIK forbid exits on any level except the one that provides a direct evacuation route
--- End quote ---

It's odd that this is the regulation in Berlin, because in America the regulation is the opposite. It's forbidden to prevent someone in an evacuation stairwell from exiting at any floor, even floors that are normally locked, in case there is fire blocking the exit at the ground floor creating a trap in the stairs. The stairs may be locked normally for access control but the locks must open during a fire alarm.

This became a standard rule after a fatal event in Chicago. https://www.securitymagazine.com/articles/76506-lessons-from-a-high-rise-fire-1

o'wolf:
The exit of the emergency stairs has to be in a different fire compartment, obviously.

yotie:

--- Quote from: Ragear on 30.08.2018, 19:06:18 ---
--- Quote ---I have bad news for you. The floor plans for the Estrel Tower show only 7 elevators that could be available to guests with 3 serving lower floors and 4 serving upper floors, with 50 floors. The Westin Pittsburgh has 26 floors and 5 elevators and they have legendary queues during Anthrocon. So even a decade from now when that beast is finally constucted, there will be too little elevator capacity for our comfort during EF.

--- End quote ---
what?? 4 Elevators for 45 floors or sth? oh holy shit that's going to take forever to get somewhere ... and probably no publicly accessible stairway, too (mustn't be a fire exit one)

--- End quote ---

Dont stress too much about the amount of elevators in tower
The Tower will be "finished" when the Berlin airport will be "finished" too : p

(i also chuckled when i saw that this year they placed the model downstairs next to the garage entrance... like no longer proud of it anymore)

Cheetah:
And even if the elevators in the tower prove insufficient for furries wanting to joyride between 45 floors randomly ... we will have to deal with, since no amount of complaining will make magic beanstalk elevators grow from the ground :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version