Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF24 Feedback (Many points)

<< < (6/9) > >>

Futeko:
"Fairness" here is invoked in the wrong context. (Super)sponsors have access to perks regular attendees don't have access to. This balances the fact they help allowing the con to happen in the first place. Is that fair or unfair? Completely up to subjectiveness and interpretation.

With the same reasoning, you could say the (Super)sponsor-only items are "unfair" to the regular attendees, because only (Super)sponsors have access to them. And that's an objective fact, compared to the DD items which rarely, if ever, become unavailable for regular attendees. Why are you thus campaigning to remove the early DD access perk but say nothing about the (Super)sponsor exclusive items?

Because you value DD items more than convention-exclusive items. That is personal and has nothing to do with the concept of fairness.

I thus still fail to see why you deploy so much energy against that "perk". It's been demonstrated time and time again it doesn't prevent non-sponsor attendees from getting the item they're after. And as Alpha_Ki suggested, nothing prevents you from going to an artist/vendor and discussing the situation with them before or during the con, as many are already adopting a system of daily slots/stock. In such cases, if you really wanted a particular item, nothing would prevent you from queuing early on Friday and getting the same result as queuing early on Thursday without early access would.

Rishary:
I'll repeat this again - if you get perks such as a towel or a neat bag, this doesn't affect me in such a negative way (Missing limited availability stuff in the dealer's den) so this is a weak analogy. If you argue that I won't miss the stuff in the dealer's den regardless (Because it would still be available after early access) then there is no reason not to move this perk to Friday.

Futeko:
You deem it a "weak analogy", because you value the DD items more than the convention-exclusive items. You definitely have the right to feel that way - but that doesn't make it a universal truth.

If we agree that exclusive items are still available on Friday, then there's no reason not to keep early access on Thursday neither. All is well then :)

Rishary:
No, I deem it a weak/false analogy because that's how it is defined by logic.

Analogy is:
A is like B.                           (Early access is like other perks)
B has property P.                  (Other perks are fair/unfair)
Therefore, A has property P.  (Early access is fair/unfair)
It becomes weak when:
In reality, A is not too much like B (Early access isn't like other perks because when another person gets a towel or a beg it doesn't affect me at all but if they get early access I might get robbed out of an item I wanted).

EchoesAbove:
As an artist and regular attendee view, I personally wouldn't even mind if the sponsors and supersponsors had a specific daily timeslot to browse the DD. They decide to give something to a Con they love, so why not give them an hour of stress-free Den browsing? I can't afford sponsoring, but I totally agree that those who can should receive perks. Not to "pay" them, but to show them gratitude.
I personally tend to visit the Den shortly before closing or during popular events, because I dislike getting shoved around by a gazillion people. And guess what? I still got a hold of nearly all the artists I wanted to this year. Not being able to commission the 80€-sketch artists whose slots are sold out within seconds of the Den opening won't kill me. And yes, I have artwork made by those artists myself.

If you're that desperate to get a slot with a super limited artist, talk to them! Believe it or not, most artists are super agreeable. Be nice, be polite, value their work and you can even get files to print artwork at home because shipping long distance for a single print is just stupid. I have files on my PC for printing artwork that hung in the Mainstage =P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version