Eurofurence Information > Questions & Answers

Room Booking procedure for 2019

(1/6) > >>

Jumpy:
Hi all!

This is a thread for questions regarding the room booking procedure.

Please wait before you post here until we have actually announced the procedure in the announcement section. We are working on a good description.

As the announcement will include a link to this thread, I needed to post it here first, so I can link to it.

Polar Lykaios:
Hello :)

My Question is if the Credit Card verification still exists, it was Not mentioned but i would be good to know that.

My Second Question is if i can try out that Webapp for myself, for having an good live Experience and better feeling for the Use.

Jumpy:

--- Quote from: Polar Lykaios on 27.12.2018, 19:14:13 ---Hello :)

My Question is if the Credit Card verification still exists, it was Not mentioned but i would be good to know that.

--- End quote ---

Hi!

As far as I am aware, you should not need a credit card to make a hotel reservation.

For the convention fee itself, a VISA or Mastercard credit card or debit card is the preferred method of payment, but we also accept money transfers if you really cannot obtain a credit card. As this causes manual work for us, we're grateful if this option is only used by those who really have no access to a credit card.

--- Quote ---My Second Question is if i can try out that Webapp for myself, for having an good live Experience and better feeling for the Use.

--- End quote ---

You cannot really try the app beforehand. Sorry, I just don't have the time to install more test systems. You'll have to wait and see.

The forum post has screenshots of the first two of the three screens.

There isn't much more to it. Just a welcome screen with a language selector and a single button, then on the second screen a bunch of fields to fill out, a checkbox to set, and a button to press. On the third screen (not shown in the screenshots), you get a link to open the email in your email program. It works with outlook and some other mail programs. If it doesn't work with yours, the web app also prints the email subject, the To: address, and the full text of the mail, so you can copy & paste and manually mail it.

You need to send the email as the web app writes it for you. It should already be addressed correctly and contains all necessary information for the Estrel, which greatly simplifies their booking process.

Basil Lion:
Hi!

1) "3 persons" room - does this actually mean 2+1 (roll-in bed already counted, so it is actually 2 persons room + 1 roll-in)
Or is it 3+1 (so it is still possible to request +1 roll in bed as extra on top of that 3 person room)

2) Any room categories where 4 people my live together?

Thank you!

Jumpy:

--- Quote from: Basil Lion on 28.12.2018, 09:00:15 ---Hi!

1) "3 persons" room - does this actually mean 2+1 (roll-in bed already counted, so it is actually 2 persons room + 1 roll-in)
Or is it 3+1 (so it is still possible to request +1 roll in bed as extra on top of that 3 person room)

2) Any room categories where 4 people my live together?

Thank you!

--- End quote ---

Hi!

It's 2+1.

There are no 4 person rooms among the available room categories.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version