Eurofurence Information > Questions & Answers

EF and Corona

(1/5) > >>

Quincy the Raccoon:
I don't think the Corona virus is gone overnight so here goes, what if the virus is still lingering when the con is coming in August, how to handle it with so many visitors? I sure hope the virus will be gone ofcourse by then or rather in a weakened state...

(I used the search option but as far as I can see there is no other topic about it...)

But what if the measures about limiting events are still in place, then what to do?

Eisfuchs:
https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,8922.0.html

MrEvers:
Kind of a lackluster response, tbh. Best to make contingency plans anyway
1. For the worst case scenario, you won't have to come up with a plan when it's too late.
2. Even if it isn't needed, it will help calm people who are panicking.

Quincy the Raccoon:

--- Quote from: MrEvers on 20.03.2020, 12:00:22 ---Kind of a lackluster response, tbh. Best to make contingency plans anyway
1. For the worst case scenario, you won't have to come up with a plan when it's too late.
2. Even if it isn't needed, it will help calm people who are panicking.

--- End quote ---
Fully agree, a big con such as EF MUST have some sort of Plan B imho.

o'wolf:
Please be patient. The current situation is highly dynamic. There is no simple "plan B", but a complex process of identifying potential issues, estimating their potential impact, analyzing dependencies, and setting milestones for the issues to be either resolved or requiring alternatives. Organizing a large convention is already a sophisticated task in regular times, doing so in a global crisis of unknown duration and impact even more so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version