Eurofurence Community > General Discussion

EF27 hotels 101 [unofficial]

<< < (2/2)

Cubitus:

--- Quote from: winterheart on 02.03.2023, 00:08:06 ---No close hotel means people with a disability are somewhat hindered compared to previous venues.

--- End quote ---
Would you tell more about this to help us learn, would it mean "the Con has to be in the hotel directly" because all other wouldn't work for you?

It's easy to say "all public transport is barrier free and transfer paths are really short", but I guess this, from a non disability perspective, is just "wishful thinking".

After all, one hotel is directly connected to the con space in Hamburg (Radisson), the thing is only that it's currently fully booked/reserved. I could imaging that many people hold reservations without even haven't regged for EF yet, but nobody knows (for 2023).

Would it be senseful effort for EF (and other Cons) to reserve a room contingent for disability folks, or would it be useless if there still is a 50 meter transfer from Hotel exit to CCH entry needed? I mean this could even be less than from the first Estrel tower to the first Con checkpoint in the past...

Hoping for input!
Cubitus

winterheart:
I have very little visibility while in fursuit therefore crossing public streets in suit is dangerous for me, dragging a suitcase with the suit to change in the fursuit lounge would demand too much from my blood sugar levels and because of other disabilities walking a lot has become more difficult.
Therefore the previous hotel, which I understand is no longer an option, was ideal, as well as all the hotels that were before that.
I went to american cons (anthrocon) and suffered such fate of having to walk about 300 - 400m from / to the hotel - con area, because the westin was booked full too. This resulted in the fact I could only suit once, and the con area was literally so big it felt more like a marathon than a vacation.

Same thing happened in MFF though there I had the safety of walking across the skybridge, so even with low visibility I would not be in danger, only the problem of heat and low blood sugar and skin chafing caused by walking more than my body would allow me to.

Cubitus:
Thank you for sharing these insights winterheart!

It helps me learning about how transfers/routes/walk paths to the Con space could work better!

Cubitus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version