Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Drying and airing out Suits  (Read 47195 times)

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
Re: Drying and airing out Suits
« Reply #30 on: 17.06.2009, 14:23:09 »

And how the.. do you get your fur all soaked?

That would be called dancing.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
« Reply #31 on: 17.06.2009, 14:29:27 »

And how the.. do you get your fur all soaked?

That would be called dancing.

It'll be my first EF this year so I still have to experience a dance in my suit ;)
Hell I'm lucky I don't sweat alot (or not lucky for that matter... as I hardly cool down)
"Just one sign... and your cookie is mine!"

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #32 on: 17.06.2009, 15:22:04 »

It'll be my first EF this year so I still have to experience a dance in my suit ;)
Hell I'm lucky I don't sweat alot (or not lucky for that matter... as I hardly cool down)

Be prepared for
* high powered light (alien heat rays are for sissies)
* lots of people working out
* many hours of dancing to
* fast, modern music
* many fursuiters per fan in headless area and dance-floor
* crowded headless area
* hanging and drying your suit in your room (fan-noise and smells may offend others in your room)

There should be some smaller and 2 large dance-events.
One of them especially for fursuiters with
less fog and somewhat slower music. (I guess
BigBlueFox has announced it somewhere in this
forum.)

I myself am only on the floor for a short time
to have fun. I don't want to stress my new suit
or myself too much. Others who like dancing more
and don't leave the floor much until late in the morning.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
« Reply #33 on: 17.06.2009, 18:08:00 »

I don't think I can handle dancing for more than an hour or 2 in suit anyway because my disfunctional body that tells me I shouldn't sweat upon places like my head which means my fursuithead is completely dry after suiting but means I overheat very and really VERY fast. Double edged blade on that. So I'll see.

Dang still don't have a fan :P

EDIT : Another plus is that I hardly smell nor does my suit. But again, it's at the cost of only being able to suit short times per period.

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #34 on: 17.06.2009, 18:50:54 »

There is a hardware store about 20-30min by car.
They sell large fans. ;)
(Got mine there last year.)
Fursuiter (2 Suits).

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
« Reply #35 on: 17.06.2009, 18:54:55 »

There is a hardware store about 20-30min by car.
They sell large fans. ;)
(Got mine there last year.)

I'll see if I need one as my head doesn't for sure. Only my body needs to get some air but I can turn it inside out so it dries pretty quick when hanging on the closet. I'll find out with experience ^_^

First con, with suit, big surprise!

Lokosicek

• Lokosicek at WikiFur
« Reply #36 on: 01.07.2009, 02:51:31 »

I apologise if this question has been asked before, but will this year's headless lounge be in the same room as last year? Given the increasing number of fursuiters, that is. However, the room sufficed last year, and as I remember correctly, the lounge itself was overcrouded only on three occasions. The two dances and the fursuit parade.
Phantom of LiveJournals and EF forums...

timduru

« Reply #37 on: 02.07.2009, 20:05:23 »

If it's the same location, it might be a good idea for people to not leave their suits and boxes in the lounge when they are not active ;)
If fursuiters could be reasonable this year that would be good.

Having drying systems and hanger in the lounge might seems like a good idea, but it's not the case when there are not enough space and not enough fans.
It was a challenge to just be able to enter the lounge during peak times like dances last year, because of all the space eaten by the suits and gear left in the lounge by inactive suiters.
So this year with the increased number of suiters... yikes..

And when the lounge is full of old smelly and dried suit overnight,
it is not really nice when you are still active in fursuit and in need of a fan to find a full raw of hanged suits in front of fans and so on
or unable to use the head driers because there are constantly heads on them etc..
that is, heads from inactive suiters who went to bed and left their stuff in there, and that will simply stay there unatended...

So please try to be reasonable and get your suits / heads out of the drying systems as soon as they are dry !

Ideally it should be 2 separate rooms, one for drying/storage and one to use as the real fursuit lounge, that is when you are still in your fursuit and active.
Even with 2 rooms, if people leave their stuff in the storage room all the time, it'll be a problem,
but at least the real fursuit lounge could be used correctly ;)

On a side note, I think overall fursuiters leaving their stuff were very lucky,
because it already happened that there were stolen fursuit at other conventions.
Leaving your stuff unattended like that in the lounge which is on the ground floor with open windows/direct access, is just calling for trouble imho.

Lokosicek

• Lokosicek at WikiFur
« Reply #38 on: 02.07.2009, 22:50:01 »

Tis true that the lounge was full of suit last year, but imagine what a bother it would be carrying your suits up to your room, and down to lounge, and up again, and down again, and up, down, up, down, etc. Sometimes is very usefull to be able to suit up very quickly, should there be opportunity to do fursuit fun of some kind.

As per leaving the heads on the dryers, you has teh truth. Most of them were left there unattended, even though they were already dry. As per thefts, yeah we were lucky...
Phantom of LiveJournals and EF forums...

timduru

« Reply #39 on: 02.07.2009, 23:23:03 »

Tis true that the lounge was full of suit last year, but imagine what a bother it would be carrying your suits up to your room, and down to lounge, and up again, and down again, and up, down, up, down, etc.
Sometimes is very usefull to be able to suit up very quickly, should there be opportunity to do fursuit fun of some kind.

Well let's put it another way: imagine every fursuiter doing that.
I for example tend to bring 3 fursuits to EF.
What if, because I don't want to bother carrying my fursuit back to my room, I leave all my 3 suits in the lounge too?
I personally leave my suit to dry into my room, I don't leave them in the lounge,
but imagine if all 250+ suiters were leaving their suits in the lounge...

I would consider it kinda normal for fursuiters who are in the overflow hotel and don't have a friend's room in the main hotel to store their stuff, to have that kind of behaviour.

But come on, if you are in the main hotel, the EF hotel is not big, you can bring back your suit to your room
it's a matter of a few minutes !
You should not leave it in the lounge just because "you don't want to bother".
It's a lounge not a depot.

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #40 on: 02.07.2009, 23:24:21 »

Ok, time for some official information, i guess.

In accordance with with the rest of staff, I have relocated the fursuit lounge from the old room to the fitness area.
That is the area between the elevators and the Pool and Sauna.
  • The complete table area in front of the fitness bar will be the cool down lounge with fans and refreshments.
  • The table tennis room is about the size of the old room and will be the changing and drying room. This rooom will have the dryer racks for suits and heads and the repair corner.

Terms of use:  ;D

1) Accountability:
a) The fursuit area will NOT be staffed with security. Everyone using it, does so at their own risk. Nothing bad happened last year, but we are not responsible if your things disappear.

b) However fursuit support staff and security are always available for you if you have questons or problems. Staff has final say about what goes and what doesn't.

2) Use of dryers and blowers:
a) Please be reasonable with the use of our dryers and blowers. Once your suits and heads are dry, remove them from the racks to make room for others. Do not block a whole cool air blower by sticking your paws and shirt to it.

b) Fursuit Staff has the right to remove suits from the racks if they feel they are dry. That does NOT mean that we maintain a drying service. It means we are rude and may or may not take off your suit and place it somewhere else in the room without notice, so others can use the dryers as well. Especially if some suiter informs us that he would like to use the rack and can't find an empty spot, while there are dry suits on it.

3) Access:
a) The fursuit lounge area is exclusively for fursuiters, in or out of suit. Regular non-suiting attendees should respect this privacy rule.

b) The fursuit area is open to every active suiter all the time, and to their helpers for the time of helping your suiting buddy. That means it is ok for any suiter to stay in the lounge area, even if they are not suiting.
However, if you are currently not suiting, please be reasonable. Leave the refreshments and snacks for people currently suiting. Leave the room if it is overcrowded with suiters in costume.

4) Housekeeping
Fursuit support staff is not in any way rewarded for what they do. We do not have any paid cleaning service from the hotel either.
Please make everyones life easy: Throw your trash and leftovers in the bin. Tidy up if you spilled something. Don't leave your stuff laying in the walkways.

Further support:
We have more than twice the space we had last year. But we are on a very tight budget, even if we only rent new equipment instead of buying it. If you want to bring your own blower, water dispenser, head dryer or any other helpful equipment, we will definately appreciate that.  :)
If you find the water dispensers empty, feel free to refill them directly at the bar only 5 meters away.

And now: Enjoy the convention.
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

timduru

« Reply #41 on: 03.07.2009, 00:05:12 »

If you want to bring your own blower, water dispenser, head dryer or any other helpful equipment, we will definately appreciate that.  :)

It will depend on the space left in my car, but I'll try to bring 2 blowers for the fursuit lounge with me.
one is huge: 12000m3/h 260W
and the other one "smaller" but high velocity 9000m3/h 180W :)

Barney

• My Livejournal
« Reply #42 on: 03.07.2009, 01:40:12 »

It will depend on the space left in my car, but I'll try to bring 2 blowers for the fursuit lounge with me.
one is huge: 12000m3/h 260W
and the other one "smaller" but high velocity 9000m3/h 180W :)

Do you want to blow the suits out of the room with that? :o
A box of chocolates is like a fursuit, you never know what's inside...

timduru

« Reply #43 on: 03.07.2009, 12:49:34 »

Do you want to blow the suits out of the room with that? :o

Well, as soon as you have a lot of padding in your fursuit you need high speed blowers.
Otherwise it doesn't cool you down at all, because the wind can't reach the inside :)

I don't know how they are called in english, but it's not really  "fans",
they are called "air movers" if I do a direct translation from french..
This is what you need to cool down in suit :)

*g*, actually, with a few of those we could make a wind tunnel  ;)
Put a few at the entrance, a few more at the opposite side at the exit, and you're done ;)
That would be nice, no need to find a blower to cool down, the entire room / tunnel would be windy ;P

Barney

• My Livejournal
« Reply #44 on: 03.07.2009, 14:17:05 »

*g*, actually, with a few of those we could make a wind tunnel  ;)
Put a few at the entrance, a few more at the opposite side at the exit, and you're done ;)
That would be nice, no need to find a blower to cool down, the entire room / tunnel would be windy ;P

Yeah, and everyone with a slightly bad health would attract concrud at the same time. Hmmmm no I don't think that's a good idea really.
A box of chocolates is like a fursuit, you never know what's inside...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up