Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: · the pawpetshow after the pawpetshow ·  (Read 9089 times)

PlushFox

• · Yërf! ·
· the pawpetshow after the pawpetshow ·
« on: 18.08.2008, 19:22:26 »

· For all the poeple who like pawpeteering and want to do something to make the furdance a little more furry ·

Last year I was at EF the first time in my life, and after the pawpetshow I looked forward to have some fun with a bunch of pawpeteers behind the stage during the furdance. On some convention-videos from AC or FC you can see about 10 pawpets doing some lipsync and dancing to create a nice background for the furdance, and I thought at EF there would be some pawpet fun as well. So I brought Yaro to the dance, he was jazzed to meet other pawpets and make some fuzz together with them. But we both were very disappointed to see the stage totally empty. Not even one pawpeteer! We didn't expect to see anyone from the EF-Pawpetshow-team because they were too exausted, but I still wonder why there was nobody else with his pawpet. Thanks to Lumi(and his owner Dolan), Yaro didn't have to dance by himself. We made a 2-man-show, and later we met Herbie(from the Funday Pawpet Show). So Yaro had the opportunity to stand on the famous EF-pawpetstage right beside Mutt, the famous bobtail from the FPS, that made him very proud. But that was all. Just 2(and for a short time 3) pawpets at a 6-meter-stage.

Hey Guys, there's more than enough space to fill with jumping and dancing fuzzy animals!

So everyone who is interested in pawpeteering is invited to join us this time at the BIG BLUE DANCE. I also will be at the fursuiters dance that will take place on friday(I think). Even if you did never do anything with your pawpet before, join us, bring your fuzzy fella, and I'll teach you the basic skills of bringing a plushie to life.

· Come in and have fun! ·
· may the fluff be with you! ·

Dhary Montecore

Re: · the pawpetshow after the pawpetshow ·
« Reply #1 on: 18.08.2008, 21:26:36 »

Hmm... Just a thought, but could it be that the people at a dance like to dance themselves? Just a idea.

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #2 on: 19.08.2008, 10:40:00 »

True. But some don't wanna dance but still wan't to have some fun there - and "Catch the fox fox" with a bunch of pawpets certainly is!  :)
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

Lokosicek

• Lokosicek at WikiFur
« Reply #3 on: 19.08.2008, 14:59:29 »

True. But some don't wanna dance but still wan't to have some fun there - and "Catch the fox fox" with a bunch of pawpets certainly is!  :)

Catch the fox fox? Did i missed something at last years dance?
Phantom of LiveJournals and EF forums...

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #4 on: 19.08.2008, 15:40:38 »

It is a well-known phenomenon that as soon as the dance starts, the stage will be crowded with dancing fursuiters. Additionally, we're planning special events this year that will happen on stage during the dance, which means that while there is still enough space backstage for pawpeteers to perform, the stage itself will be so crowded that it's very likely that nobody will see the dancing and singing pawpets. So, unless you come up with an idea for some kind of improv-pawpet-stage, your efforts may be unnoticed during the dance...
Official Something

PlushFox

• · Yërf! ·
« Reply #5 on: 19.08.2008, 16:05:32 »

Special events? That sounds interesting. *tailwags*

So I'll stay on the dancfloor with Yaro and do my performance there. Dancing with a pawpet is fun, too. And you can interact with the cameramen filming the dance, so that you can see your performance later on the official EF-DVD.

So everybody is invited 2 join me dancing on the stage with a pawpet on his/her paw.

Yap, at MephitMiniCon8(where we had a really good pawpet performance at the furdance) my wolf was eating a small Folkmanis fox(finger puppet) each time the refrain went "catch the fox". It was my first "both-paw" pawpet-play. A little exhausting but fun.

Jaryic

• Stage Director
« Reply #6 on: 20.08.2008, 13:11:44 »

So everyone who is interested in pawpeteering is invited to join us this time at the BIG BLUE DANCE.
Good to know. I'll keep an eye on the PawPet stage to pull up the lights if there's some action going on. I also can feed you the Audio from the main speakers to the PawPet Stage monitoring system so you can play real lippsync. ;)

I also will be at the fursuiters dance that will take place on friday(I think).
The main PawPet Stage won't be open during the Fursuite Dance. It takes at least on or two hours to get the stage playable. And besides that there are already some preperations made for the show that can't be removed for just one evening.

... the stage itself will be so crowded that it's very likely that nobody will see the dancing and singing pawpets. So, unless you come up with an idea for some kind of improv-pawpet-stage, your efforts may be unnoticed during the dance...

the mainstage wasn't cramped all the time (ok it may be different this year) but if they wan't to do some PP improv - why not. I think Eisfuchs is going to do some pupeteering during the dance too.

-Jaryic
Only those that can see which is invisible can do the impossible.

Lokosicek

• Lokosicek at WikiFur
« Reply #7 on: 20.08.2008, 22:20:21 »

Yap, at MephitMiniCon8(where we had a really good pawpet performance at the furdance) my wolf was eating a small Folkmanis fox(finger puppet) each time the refrain went "catch the fox". It was my first "both-paw" pawpet-play. A little exhausting but fun.

Thankies for explanation. But I think BBF is right, I know from experience the stage gets full of dancing suiters really fast.
Phantom of LiveJournals and EF forums...

Aragon R. Tigerseye

• Pawpeteer
  • Fursuit support
  • *squeak*
« Reply #8 on: 21.08.2008, 11:08:43 »

I'm usually behind the pawpetstage during the dance too, at least for a few songs...
Last year was an exception tho, as I was busy directly after the pawpetshow. But this year, if I'm not too dead after the show, I'll be there, at least for the pawpeteerable part of the dance. ;>
Fursuit-Team
Pawpet-Team
Conbook Reading Service
General Chaos
Bad English

PlushFox

• · Yërf! ·
« Reply #9 on: 22.08.2008, 21:51:54 »

So everyone who is interested in pawpeteering is invited to join us this time at the BIG BLUE DANCE.
Good to know. I'll keep an eye on the PawPet stage to pull up the lights if there's some action going on. I also can feed you the Audio from the main speakers to the PawPet Stage monitoring system so you can play real lippsync. ;)

Jaryic, we love you!!!

I wonder if someone saw Yaro last year jumping across the entire pawpet stage, because it was a little dark up there(this kind of pawpetry is even more exhausting than dancing in front of the stage). And to give us some more audio is a good idea, too. Let's reanimate the tradition of pawpeteering during the furdance!

I also will be at the fursuiters dance that will take place on friday(I think).
The main PawPet Stage won't be open during the Fursuite Dance. It takes at least on or two hours to get the stage playable. And besides that there are already some preperations made for the show that can't be removed for just one evening.

No problemo, then we'll do our fuzzy stuff on the dancfloor.

I think Eisfuchs is going to do some pupeteering during the dance too.

Whëëëëëëëë! So I can cuddle Lori after the show as I did it last year when I sneaked backstage to visit her.
Pages: [1]   Go Up