Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks to the great fursuit-photoshoot -crew  (Read 18268 times)

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
Thanks to the great fursuit-photoshoot -crew
« on: 01.09.2008, 14:59:07 »

I want to thank all of the people who dedicated their time to run the fursuit-photoshoot fo us.
You did a great job!

I now how much of the con I missed by standing in dealers-den half of the day but you guys
(and of cause ladies) spend so many hours and really tried to manage somehow to give as
many of us as possible the opportunity of having some really, really good photos made.
That backdrop and the props provided where really nice and of cause not turning anyone
away after there was simply no more time but allowing for group-shots was so nice of you.

Thank you!
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

Red-Claw

Re: Thanks to the great fursuit-photoshoot -crew
« Reply #1 on: 01.09.2008, 15:49:54 »

Oh wow ... umm ... good to know that there was a fursuit photoshooting. Maybe next year ...  T_T

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #2 on: 01.09.2008, 16:03:28 »

Oh wow ... umm ... good to know that there was a fursuit photoshooting. Maybe next year ...  T_T

Well., you could have reat the con-book or the time-tables hanging around. ;)

.o0(nobody reads the con-book)
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

Red-Claw

« Reply #3 on: 01.09.2008, 19:06:45 »

Well., you could have reat the con-book or the time-tables hanging around. ;)

.o0(nobody reads the con-book)

I didn't expect this kind of stuff and I'm also pretty new in the fursuiting sector ... and there was so much stuff to do that I ran over the pages of the conbook very quickly. ^^#

But now I know it and I'll keep it in mind.

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #4 on: 01.09.2008, 19:41:29 »

Thank you. It's nice to see our work being appreciated as it was indeed hard work. I missed every single SIG during the con (not only because of this event) and since we had some teething troubles with the tech of our new management systems and the hotels energy distribution we had some slight delays. Without the great ideas and uncommon solutions of the whole team the event wouldn't have been possible.

But then one of you Fursuiters out there came to me at the second day as I was really stressed and he took me in his soft arms and said "Thank you". The compensation was by far enough. Just for this I would do it again and again.

Thank you Rapante for keeping me cool when I was about to kill someone and for your smile that made me smile in return.

Thank you Kovu for providing us with food when we hadn't even the time to get us something to eat and for manning the system when needed.

Thank you Pegasus for helping where ever you where needed and whatever it was.

Thank you Thalian for taking thousands(!) of pictures of the suiters, for going on and on and on even when the opening times where long over and for being so patient when the system failed because of this damn hardware :)

Thank you Eisfuchs for providing us with hardware and helping us fixing the network.

And finally: Thank you suiters for being there, for enjoying the photoshoot and for for being so understanding, when we had some delays!

Dhary
-Fursuit Photoshooting Queue Management
« Last Edit: 01.09.2008, 19:51:57 by Dhary Montecore »

Barney

• My Livejournal
« Reply #5 on: 01.09.2008, 20:25:37 »

Well I surely had a ton of fun in the pictures that were shot with Thalian and me. Nice to see the photographer in front of the camera again instead of behind :). Yep, that giant was me :D.
A box of chocolates is like a fursuit, you never know what's inside...

Colifox/Rizzorat

• Rat face!
    • Colifox's FA account
« Reply #6 on: 02.09.2008, 00:12:39 »

indeed i too would just like to chirp up here and add my thanks for the photoshoot. Each year til now I have missed the opportunity by arriving too late and just due to the sheer volume of attendees and popularity.  I saw for myself this year just why it is so popular.  Wonderful set, very well managed, terffic personalities all of you and thank you very much indeed for taking photos of me in suit, providing your time and patience and in general, just for everything going so well.  I am looking extremely forward to seeing the pics.

Might I just ask tho, is there anyone in particular we need to talk to about changing the names?  When I was asked for the name, i presumed you meant my registered name, and not fursuit name.  I woudl like to ensure that when it is posted, it is posted witht he correct name.  Could I possible provide that information to someone?

Many thanks!
'Forgive me for not jumping for joy - bad back you know ~Scar, The Lion King'

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #7 on: 02.09.2008, 13:13:11 »

Yes of course!

Usually we use the name of the fursuit, cause some suits are worn by more than one furry. But if you want to change it or gave us you Reg-Name you can just post the right name here and it'll be changed :)

Cookie

« Reply #8 on: 02.09.2008, 14:12:40 »

Thank you indeed for a very well organized photoshoot!

The idea of the name registery + approx. time of shooting as positively BRILLIANT.. and mine only got like 15 minutes of delay which was more than fair!!

A very happy rattie you made!...
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

Kisu

• Mr Panther
    • Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 02.09.2008, 21:54:23 »

Thanks for the photoshoot crew, I hope you had as fun as all fursuiters did ^_^
The name 'leopard' may derive from an old notion that leopards were the result of crosses between lions (leo) and panthers (pard).

Thalian

• Photographer
  • General Staff
  • Fotoköter
« Reply #10 on: 04.09.2008, 11:43:05 »

Hi everybody!

Well, it was my plan to open a thread in which I wanted to express my gratitude to the fotoshooting team, but since this thread already exists, I will use this one instead of creating my own :)

Many, many thanks to all the people who helped making this year's photoshooting a big success. As you can imagine, it's only one part of the job to do the photography - and this part wouldn't even be possible (or make sense) without the supporting team that keeps the whole event from drifting into chaos!

My special thanks go to:

• Werwelpe, Dhary and tVos - For the fantastic new queue-management system, and of course for operating this whole thing during the photoshoot!
  • BigBlueFox - For building some of the props for us - He was responsible for the wonderful "van Hellsing" grave :)
  • Blue Panther - Who created the magnificent backdrop!
  • Kovu - For his general help and the co-photographer work in the set
  • Rapante - For support, lots of ideas, and for keeping me from going nuts one or few times...
  • Pegasus - Basically for the same thing that Rapante did :)
  • Riffuchs and the team of gophers that helped us in geeting the room as dark as I needed it, and for the general help.

And, last but not least:
  • The Eurofurence organisational team
  • The staff of the Ringberg Hotel, who did a great job in making this convention possible!

The photoshooting was - as always - a lot of work, but also a lot of fun, and I hope we managed NOT to go completely nuts during these few days. I hope we succeeded...But hey, I'm positive about this. Just look at these crew-photos: I'd say, we are completely normal and mentally stable  ;D

P.S. the crew survived this last photo, even if it doesn't exactly look like it ;)

I will as soon as possible start to sort out all the raw photos - Just give me a little time here, this year I brought almost 4000 (!) photos with me, from the fursuit shooting alone.

Best regards to all of you - Thalian

Anubis Prime

« Reply #11 on: 05.09.2008, 21:24:09 »

well many read that thread but only 10 reply´s? well from me a big thank you for the photoshooting, you gave us all so mutch fun, and had so little time to enjoy the con yourself.

!!!!! AGAIN !!!!!

A BIG AND CUDDELING THANK YOU
^^

NUBI
cant wait for the pics :-)

Kimani

• AJA's Servant
« Reply #12 on: 06.09.2008, 02:28:44 »

big thanks to you and your team! You did a fabulous job and I am still fascinated from all your ideas (background, accessories,...) and endurance! I am soo curious about Taibu's&Peggy's and Aja's pics *g*
@ Thalian:
your expression in the 2nd pic is really kind of scary.... maybe we should let you out of the Happyland some time next year during EF to prevent you for getting insane ;)

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #13 on: 06.09.2008, 03:24:06 »

I'm glad you all enjoyed it so much. :)  And I'd like to offer my deepest regrets for showing up there and helping out so little. The convention overwhelmed me at many points, and I really need to think of a way of handling certain things in the future.
Official Something

Pegasus

• crazy fliying Shire Horse
« Reply #14 on: 09.09.2008, 17:50:54 »

it was :

funny
amusing
strange

A lot of fun, with this great Team ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up