Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sprachen Sie....?  (Read 14275 times)

kyyanno

• *zoooooooooom*....
Sprachen Sie....?
« on: 13.01.2007, 21:46:54 »

Apologies first of all, if this thread is in the wrong part of the forum ^.^'

Not wanting to do the typical "Brit on holiday" thing seen around the world, of talking loudly in my native language at hotel (and con) staff, I'm attempting to brush up on my German, which has gotten rather rusty since leaving school. Does anyone know of some easy to follow, yet detailed online courses to help? I'm currently going through the one offered by the learning section of the BBC website, but was wondering if people knew of better ones.

Vielen dank =^|.|^=

Kyy
My will is strong, my focus is set, my.....oooohh, shinies!

Kyyanno T. Cheetah, terrorising slow moving things everywhere since 1980 =^|.|^=

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
Re: Sprachen Sie....?
« Reply #1 on: 13.01.2007, 23:07:59 »

Deutsche Welle has a free learning course at http://www.dw-world.de/dw/0,2142,2547,00.html that was broadcast by radio in the early 2000s, so it's a bit more modern than the BBC counterpart. I've recommended it to a few people so far, and they seemed to rather like it. Might be helpful.
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

kyyanno

• *zoooooooooom*....
« Reply #2 on: 15.01.2007, 21:29:12 »

Many thanks, giving it a try  :D
My will is strong, my focus is set, my.....oooohh, shinies!

Kyyanno T. Cheetah, terrorising slow moving things everywhere since 1980 =^|.|^=

Onkel Kage

• Art Show
    • Unclekage.com
« Reply #3 on: 14.02.2007, 20:26:17 »

No courses are necessary.  As any Yank can tell you, you can make yourself understood in any country simply by speaking very slowly and very loudly.

whitewulfe

« Reply #4 on: 14.02.2007, 21:49:58 »

No courses are necessary.  As any Yank can tell you, you can make yourself understood in any country simply by speaking very slowly and very loudly.

Ah, but the fun part is  learning native swears, and knowing native swears only works if you can at least sort of pull off the language... ^_^

Lokosicek

• Lokosicek at WikiFur
« Reply #5 on: 14.02.2007, 21:52:26 »

Quote Uncle Kage: "No courses are necessary.  As any Yank can tell you, you can make yourself understood in any country simply by speaking very slowly and very loudly."

...and use gestures a lot... Fursuiters do that, and people have no problems understanding them (for the most of the time...).  8)
Phantom of LiveJournals and EF forums...

Barney

• My Livejournal
« Reply #6 on: 15.06.2007, 16:39:20 »

...and use gestures a lot... Fursuiters do that, and people have no problems understanding them (for the most of the time...).  8)

That might become difficult for me as it's my first time at a con AND my first fursuit. Any idea if there is some sort of behaveour (spelled right?) "manual" available on the net?
A box of chocolates is like a fursuit, you never know what's inside...

Lokosicek

• Lokosicek at WikiFur
« Reply #7 on: 15.06.2007, 16:58:32 »

That might become difficult for me as it's my first time at a con AND my first fursuit. Any idea if there is some sort of behaveour (spelled right?) "manual" available on the net?

:D there are some: http://www.fursuit.org/wiki/doku.php?id=fursuit:performance

but you may as well ask other fursuiters. Try IRC channel #Fursuit at furnet

OR you may learn a few things yourself by watching videos from large conventions: AnthroCon, FurtherConfusion, Mephit Mini Con, various fursuit-outing vids, etc...

http://video.bigbluefox-media.com/index.html
http://fursuit.timduru.org/view/FursuitVideo

whitewulfe

« Reply #8 on: 17.06.2007, 03:58:33 »

Yeah, but they've got that whole cute and fuzzy thing going, that helps insanely ^_^

Lokosicek

• Lokosicek at WikiFur
« Reply #9 on: 18.06.2007, 03:39:50 »

Yeah, but they've got that whole cute and fuzzy thing going, that helps insanely ^_^

Please, could you be more specific? My English is not that good :DDD

Anyway, I sucessfully used a lot of gestures two weeks ago fursuit-outing in a zoo. People did indeed understood what was I saing ;D It works great.

whitewulfe

« Reply #10 on: 19.06.2007, 10:30:35 »

Please, could you be more specific? My English is not that good :DDD

Anyway, I sucessfully used a lot of gestures two weeks ago fursuit-outing in a zoo. People did indeed understood what was I saing ;D It works great.

By such, I mean that it seems to be easier for people to understand someone in a suit (be it a fursuit or company character)...  My first time suiting was in the St. John's Ambulance dalmation at the ITU World Triathlons back in 2001 - no idea what I was doing, but people got the general idea of what I was trying to say ^_^
Pages: [1]   Go Up