Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: newbie advice..  (Read 12994 times)

agrajag_fur

newbie advice..
« on: 18.08.2008, 11:24:06 »

This will be my third EF but it will be the first time I have exhibited in the Art Show. Can anyone offer any friendly advice? I am hanging one picture only - some thing markedly different from other artists work I have seen in the shows.

I've read the instructions and created my bid sheet. I wa just wondering if there is anything else I should be considering or aware of.

regards

Aggy

Blue_Panther

• 2nd Art Show Director
  • Art Show
  • Bouncy Pheline
    • Blue Spaces
Re: newbie advice..
« Reply #1 on: 18.08.2008, 11:35:14 »

I've read the instructions and created my bid sheet. I wa just wondering if there is anything else I should be considering or aware of.

Well, if you have gone by the Instructions on the page and have your bid sheet ready, then you are fine to go. Or is there anything specific you are unsure about?

TbW
«The trouble with quotes taken from the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.»

Abraham Lincoln

agrajag_fur

« Reply #2 on: 18.08.2008, 12:18:31 »

No nothing specific really.

Cookie

« Reply #3 on: 18.08.2008, 13:53:53 »

Just a quick question (i don't want to create a new subject just for this):

I don't have access to a printer... will it be possible to print them at EF? (Didn't had this problem last year, but i don't work at the same job anymore, and access to printers are strictly for professional purposes... Could get fired if i use them..)

"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #4 on: 19.08.2008, 10:37:56 »

I can't speak for EF orga - but this is a typical job for a copy shop, isn't it?
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

Cookie

« Reply #5 on: 19.08.2008, 11:04:09 »

I can't speak for EF orga - but this is a typical job for a copy shop, isn't it?

Yes, i would, but you have to be logged online on a password protected website to access those files, if i'm not mistaken.. and i don't know any copy shop that is a cybercafe at the same time!

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #6 on: 19.08.2008, 11:07:41 »

Yes, i would, but you have to be logged online on a password protected website to access those files, if i'm not mistaken.. and i don't know any copy shop that is a cybercafe at the same time!

That calls for downloading "these files", storing them on some commonly used artifact of data-exchange (usb-key, disk, sd-card, ...) and walking to a copy-shop with this medium in your physical hand.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #7 on: 19.08.2008, 11:49:00 »

Edit: Woops, sorry, misunderstood the question.
« Last Edit: 19.08.2008, 13:29:46 by owolf »
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Blue_Panther

• 2nd Art Show Director
  • Art Show
  • Bouncy Pheline
    • Blue Spaces
« Reply #8 on: 19.08.2008, 12:18:31 »

I don't know what happened to my post yesterday, but seeing it didn't snap to thread I will repeat it.

With the number of artists increasing, we can no longer make any exceptions as we have done the past years. If all artists come unprepared, work and printouts mount up. We have allready experienced last year, it delays opening times and the work process and that is simply no longer acceptable. Hence we insist, artists come fully prepared.

However, there is a way round your problem. You simply enter all your pieces to the database and then print the bidsheets. You should then recieve a PDF from the server, containing all your bidsheets. You can easily send a friend of yours that PDF and ask them to print it for you, or take it round to a copy shop.

TbW
«The trouble with quotes taken from the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.»

Abraham Lincoln

Cookie

« Reply #9 on: 22.08.2008, 20:28:11 »

Ok i'll try to do that (me and technology are not really friends :) )

Kisu

• Mr Panther
    • Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 22.08.2008, 22:20:24 »

Cookie if you need bidsheet prints send them to me I can print them if you email them for me before monday mew.
The name 'leopard' may derive from an old notion that leopards were the result of crosses between lions (leo) and panthers (pard).
Pages: [1]   Go Up