Eurofurence Community > Special Interests

Body Painting

(1/7) > >>

agrajag_fur:
I've recently got back into airbrushing and was considering bringing my equipment along to do some body painting:

* Would anyone be interested in being a canvas?
* Would anyone pay (contribute) for it - the makeup isn't free?
* I assume there'd be some limitations on how much of the body is on display.
* Are people free to walk around in the paint?
* Where could I do it?
* Would it be worth doing as a SIG?
If people are interested I can make arrangements before the con as I'll have to stock up on paint and get some concepts in mind.

leinir:
i may well like to take part in this as a canvas, and i do believe this might well be worth doing as a SIG :)

Zefiro:
Please make sure that the paint you're using does not rub off onto other furs or even fursuits when hugging. We had this in the past, it's not nice. Even when the paint should theoretically wash out cleanly, which I think wasn't the case on one fursuit.

*purrrr*

Fawks Beaumont:
I'm sure you would get enough interest in doing it as a SIG, but there would be some major considerations to take in mind.  Mostly, all of the SIG rooms are carpeted, so you would have to bring protective covers (tarps, sheets, etc.), so as not to damage the room.  As for how "naked" you could get for the painting, I know it's stated in the terms and agreements of the con.  But, roughly, a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals would be a bare minimum (no exposed private parts, male or female) when walking around the hotel, but in the SIG itself, you could probably get away with just shorts as long as no one objected, assuming the person being painted was male. 

As for walking around the hotel, it's mostly common sense that would have to be used.  No damaging the chairs, tables, or carpet of the hotel with the paint, regardless of how easy it is suppose to be to wash off.  Also, there is the major concern of damaging other's fursuits.  I know furs have used bodypaint in public areas during previous cons.

agrajag_fur:
Oh I completely agree - I wouldn't want to get paint all over my fursuit however I would say that I couldn't be responsible for the behaviour of individuals who had been painted.

The paints I use are water based and are dry when they are on the skin, unlike oil based ones.

--- Quote from: Zefiro on 22.01.2009, 15:33:47 ---Please make sure that the paint you're using does not rub off onto other furs or even fursuits when hugging. We had this in the past, it's not nice. Even when the paint should theoretically wash out cleanly, which I think wasn't the case on one fursuit.

*purrrr*

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version