Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fursuits  (Read 9426 times)

Drift

• Art Show
Fursuits
« on: 22.01.2009, 13:57:03 »

Hi there,

new on ther forum, new on the furry world...
I just start to explore and to find out.
Thought of attending the eurofurence this year, and it would be great to have a costume.
So as a newbie I am greatfull of any advice about fursuits, expecially:
- where to get one (browsed the net, difficult for me to judge between costs and quality)
- is there a place to rent them (I like the idea of "personal suits" better, but for the start and as a try out...)
- "how-to-built-a-suit-for-dummies" (the instructions you find on the net ar faaaar to advanced for me or just not "dummie-proof" enough).
- if you give a commission for a suit to be build, does it have to be by sketch?
- is there a kind of furry/fursuiter community @ Nürnberg that meet from time to time where I could join so that I could get some advice or practical help at building of a fur suit?

Phew, that's enough for the start.

So long,

Drift   

albrecht

• Fursona UK
Re: Fursuits
« Reply #1 on: 22.01.2009, 17:06:02 »

A good place to start is the fusuit community on livejournal community.livejournal.com/fursuit
The memories there are packed with tutorials as well as peoples suits :)

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #2 on: 22.01.2009, 19:34:28 »

Another good place for a German would be to ask in the fursuit section of German forum "Furbase"

There are other (German speaking) places, and most of them are linked in one of the threads there, so I'll just point you to this address :)

You might look for Edelweiss, he's from Nürnberg.

*purrr*

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #3 on: 23.01.2009, 23:52:56 »

You might as well contact Atalon for costume/Suit rental. Those are professional mascot costumes (
www.anthrocreations.com ). You can find him in IRC (furnet) and on furbase forums as well :)
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

Edelweiss

« Reply #4 on: 24.01.2009, 13:48:06 »

I am very happy to help if there is anything i can.

To make things easier i respond in german, just ask if someone needs an english translation.

Hallo Drift

Wie Zefiro richtig angemerkt hat bin ich aus der unmittelbaren Nähe von Nürnberg und würde mich gerne zu den Fursuitern zählen.

Eigene Werke kann ich zwar wegen Problemen mit Schnittmustern noch nicht viele vorzeigen, aber zumindest den technischen Bereich (Materialkunde; Nähen und Kleben; Latex- und Kunststoffteile bearbeiten etc.) beherrsche ich und kann auch vorhandene Teile reparieren. Nähmaschine und anderes Werkzeug ist vorhanden.

Falls du Interesse hast biete ich dir gernem eine Hilfe an daß wir gemeinsam was basteln.

Insbesondere sollte es wesentlich einfacher werden wenn man gegenseitig Maße nehmen und Teile anpassen kann.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen vom Edelweiß

edelweiss(is at)login-lanstation.de

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #5 on: 26.01.2009, 23:28:03 »

Hey, thanks for all the advice - that will keep me busy for some time.

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #6 on: 28.01.2009, 18:50:29 »

Edelweiß, you got mail *push*
Pages: [1]   Go Up