Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduction: Bastian  (Read 8880 times)

bastian

Introduction: Bastian
« on: 23.01.2009, 21:17:38 »

Greetings from the United States (Yay, Obama's President, I can come out from the shadows now!) :)

I've been a member since October, and I found my mate here, Sniff from Slovenia, but I thought that I should introduce myself since I have now booked my airline tickets to meet my mate IRL and go to my first EF. I will need to steal him from you guys and bring him home (immigration visa pending approval), and for some reason I always thought I would fall in love with a European. Go figure! Anyway, I am so grateful for this site more than I can ever say! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :)

About me.... Well I am a typical outgoing Male Siberian Tiger from Arizona, originally born in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. I'm a co-admin and on the board to start our own small fur con called Phoenix Furness (http:www.phxfur.com). As you can see, I have a fursuit and tried to get it as realistic as possible. If you are interested in seeing me in action you can visit my Furspace at http://www.furspace.com/Bastian . By the way, I really recommend visiting Furspace as there are alot of great furries there to talk to and make friends with. :)

I am very open and friendly and I don't get offended easily so feel free to ask me anything!

Until then, I am counting down the days until I board that plane to Frankfurt!

Yours,
Bastian :)
« Last Edit: 23.01.2009, 21:44:34 by Bastian »

Sniff

• Car chaser
Re: Introduction: Bastian
« Reply #1 on: 23.01.2009, 21:47:59 »

Hey mate, glad that you introduced yourself. Thank you for the really nice post about me. Yeah i been kidnapped by a tiger. He will drag me back to the US and i am not fighting it. I am so grateful that i met you here and will always remember this site as something special. See you all at the EF! I love your intro. :)
Ich ziehe durch die dunkle Stadt, nur der Schatten ist mein begleiter!

Hidalgo

« Reply #2 on: 24.01.2009, 12:31:24 »

Hi Bastian!

I could just say thank you for your well written introduction and congratulations for finding your mate here :) I hope you both will be happy together when you go back to the states as a couple.

I hope you will enjoy your first EF and I really would like to talk to you some more about the visa stuff... I am going to emigrate to the states too in Nov. 2010. My wife will be re-stationed to the states than  so perhaps you could give us some advices what to do and how to proceed to get the visa paperwork done. I really would appreciate that a lot.

Have a nice day and hope to see/talk to you soon.

Hidalgo
There is no business than show business

Sniff

• Car chaser
« Reply #3 on: 24.01.2009, 21:57:03 »

Bastian is not here right now so i hope he will not mind if i reply for him. He is at FC 2009. First i thank you for the nice wishes. We will get registered as soon as the registration opens. Are checking the site frequently to see when it happens but it will probably be after FC. We don't know yet how the paperwork is done. But can talk about it at EF.  I hope we know that by then. :) Thanks for your reply and have a nice evening!
Ich ziehe durch die dunkle Stadt, nur der Schatten ist mein begleiter!

bastian

« Reply #4 on: 26.01.2009, 16:49:05 »

Hi Bastian!

I could just say thank you for your well written introduction and congratulations for finding your mate here :) I hope you both will be happy together when you go back to the states as a couple.

I hope you will enjoy your first EF and I really would like to talk to you some more about the visa stuff... I am going to emigrate to the states too in Nov. 2010. My wife will be re-stationed to the states than  so perhaps you could give us some advices what to do and how to proceed to get the visa paperwork done. I really would appreciate that a lot.

Have a nice day and hope to see/talk to you soon.

Hidalgo

Hey Hidalgo,

Well the visa you need depends on your specific situation. It sounds like your wife is a US citizen so in your case you will have no problem getting a immigration visa assuming of course your ultimate goal is to become a US naturalized citizen. The process is fairly quick and I imagine it would take less than a year from when you arrive in the US. You might want to visit: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis for more information.

Sniff and I are in a different situation. Since the US has not grown up yet compared to European standards (although we did take a step forward by electing Obama), the federal government does not recognize same sex marriage, even if a specific state grants that right. So we have slightly different routes to take.

Anyway, hope that helps. Thanks for the warm welcome. Can't wait to get back for my 3rd trip to the EU and my first EF.

FC was great as usual, but it will be nice to see a con EU style! ;)

Regards,
B

Hidalgo

« Reply #5 on: 26.01.2009, 21:19:13 »

Hi Bastian!

Thank you for your answer. You were right. My wife is an American citizen. I married her in Germany. She is stationed here at an Air Force base. I am still thinking if I really will try to become a citizen too or if I keep my German passport. That depends on my plans in the states. If I will join the USAF than I need to become a citizen because Officers have to be citizens. Id I won;t join the military than I really don't know yet what I am going to do about that.
But anyway, thank you very much for the link. I already found some pretty interesting links there. I am sure the web page will give me all the information I need to be able to go to the legal office on base to talk to them probably about emigration. Or the embassy in Frankfurt am Main.

I know about the problem with the same gender relationships in the USA. Two very close friends of my wife and me have just moved to Canada because of it. There are married...but not for the USA...

So I thank you again for the information you gave me and I hope I will see you at the end of August at Suhl ;) I am sure you will like the EU-way of con ^^

@Sniff:

Thank you to you too for your replay. I wish you a nice evening too and also hpe to be able to meet you at the EF.

See you both.

Hidalgo
There is no business than show business
Pages: [1]   Go Up