Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paypal (was: Ranking of giving rooms)  (Read 9399 times)

Edelweiss

Paypal (was: Ranking of giving rooms)
« on: 24.02.2009, 18:59:27 »

@Fangz
> MY mate who got too register earlyer than me since page didnt load on both computers, Already got accepted.
> But then he got 2 weeks too pay.. cant pay before knows if both got in. So then he might lose the spot before,
> I get accepted at all if I do that is.

I would strongly suggest that your mate pays now and waits the next weeks or months (depending on your patience and other factors i dont know).

Either you have luck and get accepted as well in forseeable future and you both go together to EF,
or if you know that it would not happen he sells his ticket to someone else (like me for example).

The risk that he doesnt get back his money is so low that you can assume it to be zero.

Fangz

• FangzWuff / T-Fang
« Reply #1 on: 24.02.2009, 21:50:37 »

well since it's paypal I will say the chance of not getting money back is about 70% atlest.

just recently had someone refund me 180 USD of a 200 USD payment. Paypal made it disapear on my account adn then charged me another 180...

so yea with paypal chance of not getting it back isent just big but it cna cost you dubble.

Loewi

• Accounting Director
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #2 on: 24.02.2009, 22:05:14 »

well since it's paypal I will say the chance of not getting money back is about 70% atlest.

just recently had someone refund me 180 USD of a 200 USD payment. Paypal made it disapear on my account adn then charged me another 180...

so yea with paypal chance of not getting it back isent just big but it cna cost you dubble.

sorry, but thats bullshit. i refunded some memberships through paypal the last years and i never had a problem with that.

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
« Reply #3 on: 24.02.2009, 22:09:43 »

Just lock your paypal account to your bankaccount so paypal just becomes a medium and not a storage. Problems solved on my account ^_^
"Just one sign... and your cookie is mine!"

Fangz

• FangzWuff / T-Fang
« Reply #4 on: 24.02.2009, 22:10:39 »

As I just lost almost 360 USD couse I got my money back as a refund trough paypal.
I know it's not bullshit or wathever. I been on phones and mailing constantly. PayPal has been no help and bank dosent seems too be able too do anything
even if they wanted.

I guess it can go fine too, but in my case it didn't and knowing there is these kinda risks I wouldnt use it again,
and avoid it happening again at all costs.

This was my first time getting a refund, and it failed horribly. Just paying things have worked fine, but then I gota be sure I dont have too get it back.

bastian

Re: Paypal (was: Ranking of giving rooms)
« Reply #5 on: 24.02.2009, 22:37:43 »

As I just lost almost 360 USD couse I got my money back as a refund trough paypal.
I know it's not bullshit or wathever. I been on phones and mailing constantly. PayPal has been no help and bank dosent seems too be able too do anything
even if they wanted.

I guess it can go fine too, but in my case it didn't and knowing there is these kinda risks I wouldnt use it again,
and avoid it happening again at all costs.

This was my first time getting a refund, and it failed horribly. Just paying things have worked fine, but then I gota be sure I dont have too get it back.

Well I think what happens is if you get on PayPal's "shit list" you are screwed. I don't really understand how that happens, it just does. I've never had any problems with Paypal, but once you starting having problems with them, you always will. They really do carve your name in stone, sorta speak. I would recommend a new identity :)

Regards,
B
« Last Edit: 24.02.2009, 22:39:20 by Bastian »

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
Re: Paypal (was: Ranking of giving rooms)
« Reply #6 on: 24.02.2009, 22:41:36 »

Seriously, what can we do about Paypal's business practice? Nothing.

Having said this, while dealing with PP can be a PITA sometimes, we were always able to resolve our issues with them in the past.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion
Pages: [1]   Go Up