Eurofurence Community > Fursuiters Forum

Traveling with Fursuit

(1/4) > >>

KittPhox:
Hi all,

This is really a question for anyone traveling by plane. How do you normally go about traveling with your fursuit? Im trying to work out how to travel with mine without the head being crushed by baggage handlers. Do you use hard boxes, send via post before hand or other methods?

Any replys would be really good as im really worried i have to take a glue gun and a roll of duct tape with me

Tiger_Paws:
use a flight case there not to expensive a simular case witch would fit a head would be a aloy case used to protect a circular saw or a redcord flight case from a dj store might sound like an odd choise but works a treet. you can find lots of hard and flight cases cheap on ebay check it out. Paws

BigBlueFox:
Well, first of all: Check the airline you're travelling with. They should have a list telling you what kind of luggage is allowed, which dimensions, what maximum weight and all that.

Then get a case that's as large as can be, so you don't exceed the limitations of the airlines. Sometimes they'll charge you for oversized luggage, and that's not cheap.

A good recommendation are sturdy cases made of aluminum or thin steel, which are often used by military, red cross and stuff. Depending on how the fursuit is constructed (foam head without fragile parts), a duffle bag will suffice, but I personally don't trust these things.

You can get steel or aluminum cases at eBay, they're pretty cheap there.

These are typical examples of boxes used by the German military and Red Cross. I bet that if you look closely, you'll find stuff like that on eBay.

And I suggest you NOT to get regular flight cases. You don't want to know how the airport personal treats your luggage. The wooden construction may break easily, and a flightcase large enough for you to put a fursuit head inside is gonna be way to overpriced.

Tiger_Paws:
Oh Kittphox i just rememberd. do you know Jacobs antiques next to Cardiff central station? they have lots of second hand stuff and a millitary section next time your over check it out might find a bargan in there.

haha Can you imagine 50 0r so brits craming in the airport with all these ex-explosive cases and other military gear heading for germany. Think theres a war going on security will be all over us

KennoFox:
its really the head and feetpaws that i need to look after but i have found away, i'm putting it in a cardboard box which will be kept in my hardcase suitecase, its pretty light as well so i can add more stuff in there if needed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version