Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discussion: Fursuiter Etiquette for Non Suiters  (Read 8810 times)

Aragon R. Tigerseye

• Pawpeteer
  • Fursuit support
  • *squeak*
Discussion: Fursuiter Etiquette for Non Suiters
« on: 13.05.2008, 18:51:38 »

> The Fursuiter Headless Lounge
>    * If you are a non-suiter visiting the fursuiter headless lounge, please reserve the cups and water in that room for the fursuiters. There should be water and cups available in all of the
> other con rooms, and it's much more inconvenient for a suiter to have to try to run around to other rooms to get more cups and water than it is for a non-suiter to take the time to walk
> down the hall to get water.

Same goes for glowsticks and the like.
In General: If its in the fursuit lounge it's likely to be meant for fursuiters, not for free taking by everyone.

Fursuit-Team
Pawpet-Team
Conbook Reading Service
General Chaos
Bad English

shirikdraguinea

« Reply #1 on: 24.05.2008, 10:16:03 »

>    * If you are a non-suiter visiting the fursuiter headless lounge, please reserve the cups and water in that room for the fursuiters. There should be water and cups available in all of the
> other con rooms, and it's much more inconvenient for a suiter to have to try to run around to other rooms to get more cups and water than it is for a non-suiter to take the time to walk

In General: If its in the fursuit lounge it's likely to be meant for fursuiters, not for free taking by everyone.

Last year I was a naughty naughty draguinea and when I was out of suit dashed into the lounge and drank a heckload of water. I had just been given a drink by someone I knew though that due to a language barrier I didn't know it contained a substance I'm quite allergic to until my tongue started swelling up and my throat began to close x.x Is it ok to do stuff like that in emergency circumstances?

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #2 on: 24.05.2008, 10:27:50 »

No, in case of an emergency you have to fill out the red form number E911 to get the green form number E110 which gives you the permission to talk to one of our medics and if they are not having their coffee break in this very moment they will run into the fursuit lounge to get you some water.

Thank you

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24.05.2008, 10:32:57 »

*giggles*

Allright, just in case someone didn't understand the irony in Nightfox' post: Of course an emergency situation justifies breaking pretty much ANY rule, if it's necessary to protect someones life and limb :)
yours,

Cheetah

Shay (Wolly)

• Charity
  • Wruff!
« Reply #4 on: 18.06.2008, 22:28:39 »

Thanks for posting this Cheetah! I hope people will read it and understand that being a suiter is not always fun and games... although.. it mostly is ^^
If you can't beat them... try beating them harder!

Sketchkat/Tiggie

« Reply #5 on: 12.08.2008, 00:19:27 »

are there going to be glow sticks forsale at ef, as we cant find any good ones here O.ooddly, and want some

Avalanche

• Arctic Wolf
« Reply #6 on: 12.08.2008, 02:16:33 »

Thats what really annoyed me last year. There were several times when I entered the headless lounge and there were non-suiters helping themselves to water. One time, the person emptied the tanks and I had to wait for it to be refilled. People taking loads of glowsticks out of the lounge was also another problem. Last year, one person went into the lounge during the BBF dance and took every single green glowstick in the tub. Including every green glowstick off all the fursuit heads on the tables. Annoyingly enough, it was the guy who drove me and Frost T Wolf to the con last year, Xai.

I also told one person to leave the lounge before I called for a staff member because he wondered into the lounge taking photo's of all the heads drying.

At least this year, the room is more out of the way and is not on the main route to get to the dance floor. If I see people doing that this year, I'll tell them to get lost if they don't have a good reason for doing those things.

Good post overall Cheetah :) They are very good guidelines for people around suiters :) Lets just hope most, if not all people abide by them this year.

are there going to be glow sticks forsale at ef, as we cant find any good ones here O.ooddly, and want some

Try this site.

http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/
« Last Edit: 12.08.2008, 02:19:26 by Avalanche »

Stripe Kazama

• It's a me! Stripey!
« Reply #7 on: 03.03.2009, 01:23:38 »

Just an idea. Wouldn't it be good to have this printed and handed out at the registration desk? Not everyone who attends EF are on the forums :). It could go along with the "Yiffy guide to safer sex".

Edit: Also, it could be pretty useful to newcomers to ef. :)
« Last Edit: 03.03.2009, 01:25:34 by Stripe Kazama »
Hug The Tiger And Get A Free Lollipop.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 03.03.2009, 02:19:01 »

Nah, I don't think so. People are already being handed too much stuff they don't read ... another leaflet with rules would be just a waste of dead trees, in my humble opinion :)
yours,

Cheetah

Sniff

• Car chaser
« Reply #9 on: 03.03.2009, 07:40:07 »

Sure i will be nice to them. I will be silly with or without suit, so don't get mixed up and say what a nice suit you have and i will not have any. ;D But respect my tail, cause it knows some fighting techniques. :D
Ich ziehe durch die dunkle Stadt, nur der Schatten ist mein begleiter!

Runo

• Pawpet Show
  • Manul (Pallas' Cat)
« Reply #10 on: 04.03.2009, 23:12:53 »

But there could be a poster at the outside wall of the registration room. If the queues get as long as last year and the people are just as bored, they're going to read everything available ;D

Jojo
Elämä on epävarmaa - syö jälkiruoka ensin!

LJ | Twitter | dA | FA | My Suits

K.P.

Re: Discussion: Fursuiter Etiquette for Non Suiters
« Reply #11 on: 05.03.2009, 14:42:54 »

Could I add one other thing about the elevators?  When someone is in fursuit, it's sometimes difficult for them to not only press the floor button, but if they've been pushed toward the back of the elevator, it can be really difficult for them to actually see which floor the elevator has stopped on.  If you see a suiter that isn't near the button panel, it can be really helpful to them if you call out the floor number as the elevator doors open.
Pages: [1]   Go Up