Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Why Germany  (Read 13813 times)

somewolf

Re: Why Germany
« on: 17.01.2007, 17:23:33 »

I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like to move it to another country!

for ef we can.   .. ef9    (ok ok worst case example)

*wag*
just
somewolf

Wardy

« Reply #1 on: 01.02.2007, 00:29:06 »

"Why is eurofurr held mostly in germany? "

Something wrong with Germany?  Porche, BMW, 9-million gallons of lager per person and no speed limit's on the autobhan.  Sounds like my kinda place!

Wardy
PS I keep the beer and driving seperate...unless I'm on the way home from the shop with beer. You know what I mean...  :)

vegivamp

« Reply #2 on: 02.02.2007, 15:12:42 »

Lovverly autobahn :-)

Just a minor warning for the speedfreaks, tho: afaik, even though it's legal to drive at near-lightspeed, your insurane will probably contain a clause about not covering your arse if you go beyond 130kph.

Just mentioning :-)

kyyanno

• *zoooooooooom*....
« Reply #3 on: 02.02.2007, 19:28:53 »

Lovverly autobahn :-)

Just a minor warning for the speedfreaks, tho: afaik, even though it's legal to drive at near-lightspeed, your insurane will probably contain a clause about not covering your arse if you go beyond 130kph.

Just mentioning :-)

Hang on, that's only about 80-odd mph, is it not? I've never heard of an insurance clause like that O.o 130mph I could understand.....
My will is strong, my focus is set, my.....oooohh, shinies!

Kyyanno T. Cheetah, terrorising slow moving things everywhere since 1980 =^|.|^=

Schneelocke

Re: Re: Why Germany
« Reply #4 on: 02.02.2007, 21:17:23 »

I'm not sure about insurance policies, but generally speaking, when you're involved in an accident after travelling at more than 130 kph, you'll likely be held at least partly responsible, even if it would otherwise have been the other party's fault entirely.

IIRC/AFAIK, BTW. IANAL.

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #5 on: 02.02.2007, 22:09:56 »

Whhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #6 on: 02.02.2007, 22:33:07 »

Hang on, that's only about 80-odd mph, is it not? I've never heard of an insurance clause like that O.o 130mph I could understand.....

The term for that actually is "heightened danger of operating" that leads to most of the domestic insurance companies putting at least a partial blame on the driver travelling at high speeds, even if the accident was not their fault in any way.

By the way, the Texas Highwayman's pages at http://gettingaroundgermany.home.att.net/auto.htm are pretty comprehensive for those who would like to know more about driving regulations and the like. But as a word of caution, just renting a car and hopping in if you've just stepped off a 13-hour flight in coach or have never driven on the Continent before are a bad idea anyways, so don't do it. :)

I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Wardy

« Reply #7 on: 06.02.2007, 19:07:42 »

Whhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh sweet!  ;D  I am really keen on driving to EF now, IF I can find a driving buddy.  And if people think I will be their taxi service from the hotel to Suhl and back, think again!  ;)  If you pay me more than the going rate of a taxi then I might consider it...

Wardy

kyyanno

• *zoooooooooom*....
« Reply #8 on: 06.02.2007, 19:26:31 »

By the way, the Texas Highwayman's pages at http://gettingaroundgermany.home.att.net/auto.htm are pretty comprehensive for those who would like to know more about driving regulations and the like.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one reading that page who, when looking at the "Basics page", thinks "oooh, drifting opportunity!!" when confronted by the "Typical rural Road" picture? :P

(and for the killjoys out there, I'm only kidding :P I'll probbaly be travelling at much less than my normal speed once in Germany ^.^ )
My will is strong, my focus is set, my.....oooohh, shinies!

Kyyanno T. Cheetah, terrorising slow moving things everywhere since 1980 =^|.|^=

vegivamp

« Reply #9 on: 07.02.2007, 08:29:18 »

(and for the killjoys out there, I'm only kidding :P I'll probbaly be travelling at much less than my normal speed once in Germany ^.^ )

In that case, keep to the right of the road. If you see something flashing past, it might be me :-p

Wardy

« Reply #10 on: 08.02.2007, 21:14:36 »

By the way, the Texas Highwayman's pages at http://gettingaroundgermany.home.att.net/auto.htm are pretty comprehensive for those who would like to know more about driving regulations and the like.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one reading that page who, when looking at the "Basics page", thinks "oooh, drifting opportunity!!" when confronted by the "Typical rural Road" picture? :P

Oh I am so there! That's it, decision made, I am driving to EF.  This talk of "well maintained roads" is just too good to ignore.  The roads in the UK, if you are not from there, resemble the surface of the moon despite the government bleeding the motorist dry. 

Wardy

Shazomei

« Reply #11 on: 08.02.2007, 21:28:37 »

Oh I am so there! That's it, decision made, I am driving to EF.  This talk of "well maintained roads" is just too good to ignore.  The roads in the UK, if you are not from there, resemble the surface of the moon despite the government bleeding the motorist dry. 

Wardy

M6 Anybody? ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up