Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music practice space/workshop  (Read 4930 times)

Armand Karlsen

Music practice space/workshop
« on: 17.07.2009, 23:08:14 »

I'm thinking of doing a workshop/discussion-style SIG, only problem is that I'm not much of a musician! (I've already emailed the con staff, so let's see how that goes...)

I see it as as a sort of companion to the Furry Music Cafe. The FMC last year felt too much like a performance space to me; I want there to be a space where musicians (however good or not they may be) and interested folks can talk, try out an instrument, practice and so on, away from the expectation of the main stage. I'm mostly into rock and metal, but I think it would be great to see a variety of instruments, if possible.

If there are any other musicians going to EF who'd like to bring their instruments and participate, it would be a great help. I'll be bringing my bass guitar and I'd be a very scared little wuff otherwise :P

EDIT 23/07: Couple more ideas: if folks feel up to it, we could try getting a group song going, writing it through the course of the SIGs. If anyone has some music they recorded, they could bring it in and talk about the recording process for it.
« Last Edit: 23.07.2009, 23:03:36 by Armand Karlsen »
Pages: [1]   Go Up