Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: EF15 Dealer Setup Plan  (Read 31747 times)

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
Re: EF15 Dealer Setup Plan
« Reply #15 on: 07.08.2009, 09:45:32 »

The location is perfect. When the weather is nice, I ca open the door and sit in the sun while selling my plushies ;D

But how do you plan to sell plushies when all the cave-dwelling nerds will not come anywhere near you?
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative
« Reply #16 on: 07.08.2009, 10:04:01 »

First off, Brandenburg is going to be used as a general purpose room during the daytime for staff, for example to print and hand out the fursuit badges. When the Dealers' Den closes, however, artists will be able to store their goods in this room for the night, if they cannot easily take them back to their room.

There is an exit there, but I think it's just a normal exit and isn't alarmed, because we were using that door during the Suhlvester Party last year.  But, I don't know the German laws about blocking off exits.

German laws would kindly strangle me to death if I'd block an emergency exit with tables and half a metric ton of plushies, alarmed door or not. Unfortunately I don't have any exact measurements of this specific niche of the lower lobby, so I cannot tell if there's enough room to place two tables there without blocking off either the fursuit photoshooting in the Holli club next door or the old secondary den. Heck, if I had those measurements, I would have known that there's an emergency exit in the first place! :)

Well, either way, I'll find a suitable spot for you, PlushFox. After all you only want to sell for a day, anyway, to not miss all the fun stuff happening elsewhere.

Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.

akeyla

« Reply #17 on: 07.08.2009, 10:21:10 »

much much better, thank you very much.
Without wanting to sound weird: I am very sure you wont regret this decision.

I have a small question: do you happen to know how the queue works for the suit shooting? I seem to recall that last year it was with tag numbers. Is Pegasus doing it again?
The corner is a rather pin  end and many bulky fursuiters are not aware that they could be sitting comfy in the lobby upstairs instead of eagerly waiting their turn for the shoot, queueing in ziggzagg infront of the place. I'm sure we can solve that on place, as we already did last year (just mentioning it so you will be aware).
And yes you can place tables in the exit door corner, the place is big enough for that.
Incase of fire hazard all the plushies would be saved (everyone grabs a plushie before leaving!) lol

Last but not least, a huge thanks and cheers to the organizers here, Gyro and Alpha and everyone else. Thank you for listening to us. You do and did a great job.
We would not have made such a huge fuss if we didnt see with out own eyes what a sad little chamber Brandenburg had become. The storage option is the best idea.

PlushFox

• · Yërf! ·
« Reply #18 on: 07.08.2009, 11:03:09 »

Well, either way, I'll find a suitable spot for you, PlushFox.

That's ok. As I wrote in my mail recently, It's not mandatory to put me in the lower lobby. Hartmut Volkmar(the boss of Plüti) wrote to me yesterday that they are planning to sell their animals again this year, and they also plan to run a workshop about making plushies.
It would be great if I could build up my plushpile anywhere near Hartmut's Plüti-den. So the 2 weirdest plushie-maniacs are together in one corner, and we can pass time throwing plushies at each other if we get bored ;D

So if there's a problem because my 2 tables would block an emergency exit, don't mind about putting me somewhere else.
· may the fluff be with you! ·

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #19 on: 10.08.2009, 21:46:09 »

Muchas gracias Organitore bianco
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
« Reply #20 on: 16.08.2009, 10:44:15 »

We're homing in on a solution, it seems.

I just added a (likely final) version of the seating plan in the first post of this thread. PlushFox' tables have been moved from the emergency exit area to the front of the Brandenburg room. By and large, that's rather a formality. If we don't find a more suitable place for you, that's where you'll end up if all else fails.

Additionally, I cramped DividedWolf into the mix, now sharing a table with Henrieke. In addition, I swapped Henrieke/DividedWolf with Kotenok Gaff's table, who'll now sit a bit closer to the action, while DividedWolf will be able to easily take part of the charity tattoo event.

Some of you should have got an email recently, inquiring about your power socket requirements. If you want one, please make sure to answer the mail in a timely fashion, as this is the last bit of info I'll have to integrate into the plan. If you do not want a power socket, feel free to ignore the email.
Please look over the new "needs power" column in the plan and check if I got everything right!

Thanks,
  Gyro
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.

Nimrais

• Artist
    • http://www.nimrais.de
« Reply #21 on: 16.08.2009, 16:55:34 »

Awesome! Thanks for letting Kaji and me sit near a power socket! *__*

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
« Reply #22 on: 18.08.2009, 22:53:43 »

Hello everybody!

Seems like we're done here for now. Most of you managed to answer my request, allowing me to calculate how many power strips I need to buy. ;D
You'll find the current and final plans for the bazaar attached to this posting.

Thanks for your cooperation, I'll see you all on EF!
  Gyro

[attachment deleted by admin]

akeyla

« Reply #23 on: 19.08.2009, 08:44:54 »

hey there!
I dont need an electric plug (except to perhaps build an electrical fence if the fursuiters queue ON our tables).
You said that if one doesnt answer you would assume we dont need one... so... I dont need one :)

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
« Reply #24 on: 19.08.2009, 10:23:00 »

@Akeyla
I didn't mean to imply that those who didn't answer me were being at fault for not replying! The question marks were kept in the plan to diffentiate between those who explicitly require no power and those who implicitly don't. No hard feelings here. :)

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
« Reply #25 on: 24.08.2009, 13:49:04 »

Whoo, I knew this would happen.

Toon-ca7 and Foxfeather unfortunately had to cancel their EF registration, so I ended up with a huge hole in the main Den. Luckily, only a few hours later, two people suddenly noticed they'd like to get a place to sell their wares, so I could shuffle some people around a bit and solve this problem quite well.

Attached to this post, you will find the even more final seating plan for the Bazaar and Den. I'm sorry I have to shuffle some of you around on such short notice, but I think you won't mind too much. I have marked those who had to endure any changes in the plan with bold letters, as usual.

See you all at the con!
  Gyro

Cookie

« Reply #26 on: 24.08.2009, 17:13:10 »

Uh.. There are 2 people having 22a/b... ???

Me and..Aja... :o

Is that normal?? :-\
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
« Reply #27 on: 24.08.2009, 18:51:43 »

Uh.. ehrm.. sure! That's.. just what I planned! I thought to myself: "Hey, there's so much unused space above all these tables, so why not suspend another whole set of tables with ropes and pulleys above the other tables! That'd DOUBLE the available space!"

No, seriously, table 20 was unoccupied on that plan, that's where AJA was supposed to go. The "absolutely finalest plan evar!!1!" is attached to this post. No other changes than a correctly placed AJA.

Silly me.

See ya!
  Gyro

EDIT: Gave DividedWolf the power socket she requested earlier.

« Last Edit: 24.08.2009, 19:54:28 by Gyroplast »

Kimani

• AJA's Servant
« Reply #28 on: 24.08.2009, 22:36:23 »

thanks!

Onkel Kage

• Art Show
    • Unclekage.com
« Reply #29 on: 25.08.2009, 14:11:13 »

I don't like it!  The rectangular tables have got to go.  I want mine to have rounded edges.  I also want it rotated 8.5 degrees from True north and I want a tablecloth on it with a picture of Martha Stewart smoking a cigar.  And I don't want to have to walk to it.  I want a shuttle from my room.  And I want a puppy.

*glee*
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up